Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
4rc4num

Default [RPM] House Rules

Okay, lets discuss and share some house rules here.

House rule 1: all rituals cost Fatigue Points, plus all rules of energy accumulation works as written. My idea is that Greater effects cost 3 FP and Lesser effects cost 1 FP.

Why: some gamebreaking ritual like mind control are cheap and even if a normal human win a Quick Contest roll, the adept can cast again and again the same ritual.

House rule 2: put the Path of Nonexistance in the place of the Path of Undead. Ghosts go to the path of Spirit and all "physical" undead go to the Path of Nonexistance.

Why: Nonexistance scream to me "I'm Necromancy !!!", it is dangerous and break the laws of universe like imortality and undeads are a contradiction to the "reality". In truth, what I like is the rule of all failures = critical failures and put necromancy in this boat because I want a reason for necromancy being forbidden . But I need some opinions about this because this path can be gamebreaking. One idea is to not give the place of power bonus to this path or maybe limit the bonus to places of power with a "Nonexistance aspect".

House Rule 3: change the Weight spell modifier table with Bestows a Bonus Table: Broad (x 2) or a fixed number of weight for +1 energy, maybe 50 lbs for +1 energy.

Why: a matter of taste. But looks wrong to me that only +6 energy is needed to affect 5 ton. With a fixed number trasnforming or creating big objects will be hard, but affecting normal humans continues easy.

Now I want to see what house rules you guys use. Some opinions are welcome too.
4rc4num is offline   Reply With Quote