Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-11-2020, 12:33 AM   #501
Blind Mapmaker

Default Re: Steve Jackson Games' GURPS 2020 PDF Challenge

Less than $10 below the $50,000 mark and 2,366 backers. Time to make a little more noise on the infosphere...

Last edited by Blind Mapmaker; 07-11-2020 at 12:34 AM. Reason: replaced § with $ because I'm easily confused when it comes to specials characters
Blind Mapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:34 AM   #502
namada
Banned

$10 more to $50,000 & still 60+ hours to go...

Dang, ninja'd by a blind mapmaker, nonetheless. ;)

Last edited by namada; 07-11-2020 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Ninja'd...
namada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:47 AM   #503
namada
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Depending on how it looks I'd like the title to be more something like GURPS Professions: Starship Crew instead of GURPS Template Toolkit 3: Starship Crew.

Just feels cleaner and more descriptive, wheras the current implies more about tools to build crew people.
On this line of thinking, just adding my 2 cents. I also wouldn't use Professions as Proteus says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
To me, *Professions* would give minimum specs: skill 12 in this or that, Rank so-and-so.

*Templates* describe envelopes within which to fashion *individuals* who hold those professions.

And, from what Kromm has said, the latter is exactly what TT3 actually is.
However, I don't think Template Toolkit really works either. The toolkit bit suggests you're providing the tools to make templates, whereas the already existing line of Supporting Cast is mostly a set of templates, sure it's technically a set of NPC's meant to mesh together, but what's the difference between NPC and PC other than additional points (in most instances)? I'd already planned on using the one Supporting Cast title (pirates) at some point in the future as the templates for a campaign, and handing out more points besides, so I honestly don't get the naming on this one, but then again, I also don't own the two previous TT pdf's, so maybe it's just more of the same, idk, ?
namada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:24 AM   #504
dbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
Sorry if this was answered somewhere deep inside the thead already, but is the backer kit a W23 gift card? It's been years since I last touched KS, so I only vaguely remember being able to select from a bunch of options, and a W23 gift card would be easiest for me. :)
From what has been described, no it isn’t.

SJG will be putting a bunch of stuff on Backerkit and if you want anything that isn’t on there you can let them know and they will add it if it qualifies.

That’s the thing - you can only buy SJG PDFs with the credit (which is perfectly reasonable) whereas a W23 gift card could be used for third-party stuff too.
dbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:39 AM   #505
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

We've passed $50,000!
Old 07-11-2020, 03:48 AM   #506
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
Sorry if this was answered somewhere deep inside the thead already, but is the backer kit a W23 gift card? It's been years since I last touched KS, so I only vaguely remember being able to select from a bunch of options, and a W23 gift card would be easiest for me. :)
The BackerKit credit is exactly that: Credit that you can spend on BackerKit. This allows us complete control over _which_ items are offered through this campaign.

From the Kickstarter page:

"NOTE: Only PDFs published by Steve Jackson Games and currently listed for sale on Warehouse 23 will be available to project supporters. We cannot list PDFs by other publishers or PDFs that we do not currently sell."

We do not offer Warehouse 23 gift cards through Kickstarter or BackerKit. It would cause too many accounting headaches and it would eliminate our ability to control which items are offered.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:48 AM   #507
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
You pick the items you want and they get added to your W23 account or you could not tie them to the account and get them (thats based on prior KS plus Phil's comment above, not official inside knowledge - but its Friday night so I'm trying to help now). Best idea if you want to give it to someone is to use their W23 account address.
Thanks for the assist!
Old 07-11-2020, 06:28 AM   #508
cptbutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
From what has been described, no it isn’t.

SJG will be putting a bunch of stuff on Backerkit and if you want anything that isn’t on there you can let them know and they will add it if it qualifies.

That’s the thing - you can only buy SJG PDFs with the credit (which is perfectly reasonable) whereas a W23 gift card could be used for third-party stuff too.
Only SJG GURPS PDFs, to be picky. Which does not include GURPS Traveller or the Prime Directive stuff.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #509
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Mapmaker View Post
Less than $10 below the $50,000 mark and 2,366 backers. Time to make a little more noise on the infosphere...
Toot that horn!😁 At this moment the pledge total is $50,698 with 2396 backers. By the end of today, I'd expect it to be pushing $52k and 2500.
New to GURPS pledges are up to 97. I've seen the numbers change while I was watching twice, indicating pledges at that level had been modified (upwards, hopefully!). Gotta make one more pitch to urge the potentials to commit :)
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:16 AM   #510
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Toot that horn!😁 At this moment the pledge total is $50,698 with 2396 backers. By the end of today, I'd expect it to be pushing $52k and 2500.
New to GURPS pledges are up to 97. I've seen the numbers change while I was watching twice, indicating pledges at that level had been modified (upwards, hopefully!). Gotta make one more pitch to urge the potentials to commit :)
When the 48-hour notices go out this afternoon, we should see a spike in support as some of those who are following may join the project.

Tags
pdf challenge