Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 06-22-2020, 11:42 PM   #1
Niewodnik

Default More Transferral Potion questions

I do have a question regarding treusure distribution.

Let's say Player A fights two monsters each worth 4 treasures (so 8 together), then asks for Player's B help, who agrees to help him for 3 tresures. The Player B then uses charm effect on one of the monsters. Then comes the Player C who plays Transferral Potion and chooses himself to fight. He succeeds and...

A) Player C gets 4 treasures, Player B - 3, Player A - 1 (due to first agreement)
B) Player C gets 4 treasures, Player B - 4, Player A - 0 (due to the rule saying that player B charmed the monster so the treasure is his)
C) ???

I'd say it's A but it won't hurt to ask :)
Niewodnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:49 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: More Transferral Potion questions

I moved this from a stale thread because it's asking a different and somewhat more complicated question. (The previous question was about someone getting a second monster added to a fight after the the first monster was killed; as of rule changes in 2018, this cannot happen, so is no longer relevant.)

Once you have removed a monster from your combat, those rewards are yours even if the combat is then transferred to another player. (The FAQ only details with killing a monster, but I'm perfectly content to expand that answer to include charming and other methods of non-deadly monster removal.) Transferral Potion only transfers monsters that are current in the combat; monsters that were already dispatched don't get moved.

So, in your situation, player A would get one Treasure and player B would get three, based on their prior agreement for splitting the loot. Your second interpretation is flat wrong: the Munchkin rules are clear that the main player ALWAYS draws the Treasures for winning a fight, even if it was the helper's ability that actually removed the monster. (The rule is on page 4, second column, if you need a reference.)

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:12 PM   #3
Niewodnik

Default Re: More Transferral Potion questions

Thank you very much :) Your prior answers made me wonder and it's all clear now.

Helpful and fast at work as usual :) Keep it up!
Niewodnik is offline   Reply With Quote