Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 08-06-2018, 05:42 AM   #1
Galaxio

Default Munchkin Legends Deluxe few questions

Sooo, my new Munchkin Legends Deluxe just came and before we start playing it I have few questions for just 3 cards, I understand all others since I went through all deck.

1. Vanished Into Legend - Can this be used for winning game (from lvl 9 to 10 or 8 to 10 if mons give 2 levels), after I read it again looks like it discards all monsters?! We draw just 2 treasures or all treasure we get from that battle +2 bonus treasures from Vanished Into Legend card?

2. Jumpin' Gemini - This can be used for winning level I'm like 99% sure?

3. Standing Stones - Can this be used for a winning level? If I use it on monster I need to fight when I kicked door on my turn so my other friend needs to fight it but he is going to win if he beats it, card says if that's only mons he is fighting against he automatically wins it and gains levels and treasures or not, or he needs to have more combat bonus then monster level to win it fair?

4. Curse! Viking Duck - Player who got hit by that curse can choose cards from hand he will give to others or can't choose?

5. Hireling - When we discard Hireling to escape from monster do we get treasures from that monster and level, also can we get a winning level with Hireling?
Galaxio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:01 AM   #2
Valkyrie

Default Re: Munchkin Legends Deluxe few questions

So the only answer I know for sure is this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxio View Post
5. Hireling - When we discard Hireling to escape from monster do we get treasures from that monster and level, also can we get a winning level with Hireling?
Discarding the Hireling card does not give you any treasure or level. You are running away from the monster, not defeating/killing it. You only get automatic escape.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
Galaxio

Forgot to ask one more, do I get levels and treasure from card Phantasm and can it be used for winning level?
Old 08-06-2018, 08:43 AM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
1. Vanished Into Legend - Can this be used for winning game (from lvl 9 to 10 or 8 to 10 if mons give 2 levels), after I read it again looks like it discards all monsters?! We draw just 2 treasures or all treasure we get from that battle +2 bonus treasures from Vanished Into Legend card?
You get no levels and two Treasures.

Quote:
2. Jumpin' Gemini - This can be used for winning level I'm like 99% sure?
Yes.

Quote:
3. Standing Stones - Can this be used for a winning level? If I use it on monster I need to fight when I kicked door on my turn so my other friend needs to fight it but he is going to win if he beats it, card says if that's only mons he is fighting against he automatically wins it and gains levels and treasures or not, or he needs to have more combat bonus then monster level to win it fair?
For this scenario, Player A plays the card and moves the monster to Player B.

Player A gets neither levels nor Treasures because he did not defeat the monster. He may Loot the Room, because Standing Stones says so.

Player B will fight the monster Player A moved over instead of Kicking Down the Door. This is a normal combat in all respects and it can win Player B the game if she is high enough Level.

Quote:
4. Curse! Viking Duck - Player who got hit by that curse can choose cards from hand he will give to others or can't choose?
The selection is random. The players taking cards may pick a Door or Treasure, but they don't know exactly what cards they're getting.

Quote:
You're Running Away, so you don't get levels or Treasures.

Quote:
Forgot to ask one more, do I get levels and treasure from card Phantasm and can it be used for winning level?
The monster you discard doesn't give you anything. You can get the levels and Treasures from the new monster if you're able to kill it, and it can be the winning level because it's a combat.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:40 PM   #5
Galaxio

Tnx for all replies Andrew! We really enjoy Munchkin Pathfinder + Legends and we play it very often and a lot, I will use this thread if we stumble upon more questions about these 2 Munchkin sets.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:04 PM   #6
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Tnx for all replies Andrew! We really enjoy Munchkin Pathfinder + Legends and we play it very often and a lot, I will use this thread if we stumble upon more questions about these 2 Munchkin sets.
Please start new threads so the discussion doesn't lose focus.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote