Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #4261
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch takes a step back as the oncoming crowd rushes towards them like the on coming tide. Any thought that they might be simply attracted to the DJing is dismissed as he feels the Disturbance. He moves to stand next to Glen and studies the crowd "Something just happened. Do we have a description of the Ethereal's last known vessel?"
In a corner of the crowd, a young-looking face with kind eyes looks up -- eyes used to seeing every detail of a party and drinking in the Essence. Eyes ready for a fight if needed, in a place where the environment is everything a Creation angel could ask for.

The tall, fit Vessel stands and readies himself. Kane Kineman is back.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #4262
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
In a corner of the crowd, a young-looking face with kind eyes looks up -- eyes used to seeing every detail of a party and drinking in the Essence. Eyes ready for a fight if needed, in a place where the environment is everything a Creation angel could ask for.

The tall, fit Vessel stands and readies himself. Kane Kineman is back.
Sunae looks over and sees him. With sheer delight, she runs over and gives him a big hug. It doesn't quite occur to Sunae that Kane may not recognize her in her current mode of dress, but that shouldn't matter.

"Hey! It's so good to see you! I didn't know you attended these parties!"

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 08-13-2017 at 01:17 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:47 AM   #4263
Rocket Man

He smiles. "Funny thing about folks like me -- you never know where we're gonna turn up. So what's the score?"

Old 08-15-2017, 04:57 PM   #4264
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He smiles. "Funny thing about folks like me -- you never know where we're gonna turn up. So what's the score?"
"One of the Huntmen who escaped is here. At least, we believe he's here. How can he not be? It's a party. Drinking, women and song rule the night. But I'm not happy about it because I attend this party once a year and I hate the thought that he is violating it."
Old 08-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #4265
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"One of the Huntmen who escaped is here. At least, we believe he's here. How can he not be? It's a party. Drinking, women and song rule the night. But I'm not happy about it because I attend this party once a year and I hate the thought that he is violating it."
"Yeah?" Kane's eyes begin running the crowd, looking for likely prospects to test with his resonance ... an escaped Huntsman should have an honor/dishonor pattern that doesn't quite fit the world around him. "And what happens when we find him? Suffer not?"

He lets the rest of the phrase hang unsaid: Suffer not an evil to live, if it is my choice.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:41 PM   #4266
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Yeah?" Kane's eyes begin running the crowd, looking for likely prospects to test with his resonance ... an escaped Huntsman should have an honor/dishonor pattern that doesn't quite fit the world around him. "And what happens when we find him? Suffer not?"

He lets the rest of the phrase hang unsaid: Suffer not an evil to live, if it is my choice.
"I don't believe he is evil. He's an Ethereal, I imagine him to be desperate for Essence to revive his people. I don't personally fault him for that but it's what he is willing to do for that Essence that bothers me. We believe they may be trying to force the End Times. But we need answers."

"Oh, I know I look radically different. My friends here won't let me sit in the cars unless I dress to their standards. Don't you dare laugh at me."
Old 08-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #4267
Dalillama

Quote:
Mitch takes a step back as the oncoming crowd rushes towards them like the on coming tide. Any thought that they might be simply attracted to the DJing is dismissed as he feels the Disturbance. He moves to stand next to Glen and studies the crowd "Something just happened. Do we have a description of the Ethereal's last known vessel?"
"Ordinary-looking white dude, medium build, little on the short side. He's got long brown hair, a pencil moustache and a soul patch."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:18 PM   #4268
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"Ordinary-looking white dude, medium build, little on the short side. He's got long brown hair, a pencil moustache and a soul patch."
"So about half the people here then." He claps Kane on the shoulder "Welcome back, it's been awhile." He points to the crowd "Shall we investigate?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:04 AM   #4269
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Quote:
"So about half the people here then." He claps Kane on the shoulder "Welcome back, it's been awhile." He points to the crowd "Shall we investigate?"
"There." Ryuki points toward someone in the crowd whose soul patch is a little too 17th century. Anticipating Kane's reaction, he puts his hand out to hold him back. "You can't kill him--anyone--here. The crowd is too big and too macho, and they'd take you and Corey down and a few others just for being there. Just chill."

Corat's amused. Ryuki is used to giving orders.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:40 AM   #4270
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"There." Ryuki points toward someone in the crowd whose soul patch is a little too 17th century. Anticipating Kane's reaction, he puts his hand out to hold him back. "You can't kill him--anyone--here. The crowd is too big and too macho, and they'd take you and Corey down and a few others just for being there. Just chill."

Corat's amused. Ryuki is used to giving orders.
"They'd try," Kane says, also amused. "So what's the plan?"

Tags
in nomine