Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 12-02-2005, 06:25 AM   #11
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: Submit Errata for e23 In Nomine products

Can we call them measures? Or something else with a more poetical unit? I can explain why I'd really like to eradicate the term from the line in email.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:54 AM   #12
Sagitta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
I'm wondering if I should suggest a companion piece here, or on Pyramid, which has the full character sheets (including the GURPS ones), to show off how point-balanced they were.
Well, Jonathan is familiar from Fall of the Malakim.

Quote:
Can we call them measures? Or something else with a more poetical unit?
'Sliver'? 'Drop'? 'Note'? 'Beat'?
Sagitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:17 AM   #13
Chris Aylott

One has to remember that the point (so to speak) is to add clarity. "Point" is a term that almost any roleplayer who encounters In Nomine will understand and be able to use.

That said, I rather like "drop". It's worth keeping in mind for a future revision of the game as a whole.

best wishes,
Old 12-06-2005, 08:23 AM   #14
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Note: Essence point/notpoint moved to possible TSI errata, retained mostly so that I don't have to stamp out the "this is not used in the game-world when so much of the specialized terminology IS" term in new authors later.

Does anyone have any further true errata for it? I may well bundle it up sometime during Christmas break, and send poor Scott a present.

Note got used for dissonance, so I'm leery to re-use it for Essence.
Drop is certainly useful for being useful in in-game conversation, but doesn't fit the musical metaphors of dissonance/Discord/note/Symphony. Mind, neither do Essence or Forces.

In in-game, a unit of Essence would be discovered as "the least amount of Essence you can use to power a Song, that Song taking the least amount of Essence of all Songs." (E.g., a 1 Essence-requiring Song, rather than something which always takes 3 Essence.) They'd discover that it would map to the number of Forces which an Archangel (or Prince) could perceive the celestial to possess. (Heck, they could make one special for the experiment. "Hello, I am Essence Measuring Container Five, Elohite Songmaster of Lightning.")

...if I were re-doing it from scratch, I'd probably call Essence "Breath," and poke around Forces a fair amount, with "Harmonies" coming to mind. Alas, alack. (Then again, isn't Essence the French for Gasoline? And everyone knows Air is a Gas, and people Breathe Air, so... I'll just be over here trying to keep a straight face. And hopefully not statting up Essence Measuring Container Five. (EMC5!))
Old 12-15-2005, 10:52 PM   #15
Jonathan Walton

Eli

p. 7, right column, middle: are husbands really signing up for "cookery classes" in Italy? They're learning how to make bunt pans and corning ware? Eli does have a wicked sense of humor (:

p. 14, Janus' review (hilarious, btw): I think "percent" instead of "per cent" is clearer.

I LOVE that "Eliite" is now canonical. Ha!
Jonathan Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:03 PM   #16
Chris Aylott

"Cookery" is a British-ism, and we'll probably change it for that reason (we usually American-ize our text, and this slipped through). However, it is the correct word, and Italian cooking schools do use it in their English sales materials.

Good catch on "per cent"; it should indeed be one word.

best wishes,
Old 01-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #17
Padre

p. 51, Core Rules - Dominic is the Archangel of Judgement, not Justice.
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #18
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Thanks! I'll trim the thread at some point, so don't be surprised if posts go away. (I have this one already in the main post above.)
Old 01-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #19
Sagitta

Not really an e23 erratum, but it had to be mentioned somewhere:

The list of books at the main In Nomine page doesn't include Eli. Updating the news section would be timely, too.
Sagitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:19 PM   #20
EDG

Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out - what with the holidays, illness on Beth's part, and a new semester on mine, it slipped past both our radars.
EDG is offline   Reply With Quote