Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 07-03-2017, 04:03 AM   #21
Methariel

Default Re: Anyone around?

Well, I'm here as well, but very, very busy to please my Dominican - or Asmodean(?) - masters. It's cutting into my gaming time-possibilities quite harshly.

Although before getting a 2nd Edition - as nice as that were - I'd prefer my Major Superiors to become completed. I'm so curious for an extended writeup for Jean, Jordi, Marc, Kronos and Saminga in particular. Minor Superiors just don't hold the same meaning to me, especially since you always get the feeling that these "deviations" from the baseline are "stealing the spotlight" from the important players...

And now I have to get back to helping Marc's Word flowing smoothly through the Symphony.

Yours,

M.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:24 PM   #22
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGeniusPrime View Post
Yeah, I'll get the pdfs of those five individual superiors. I prefer physical books though.
SJ Games grants permission to print a physical copy of their PDFs. Talk to your local print shop, or try a service like Lulu. You can get professional binding (probably "perfect bound" for paperback, or "casewrap" for hardcover).

The trickiest part (from what I read) is coming up with an image (text, typeface, colors, artwork if any) for the spine, which isn't included in the PDFs.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:15 AM   #23
Jason

I poke my head into this forum every few weeks. Hello!

I took a break from running In Nomine for a long while to play a bunch of other games and learn about other systems, hoping I'd come up with my own personal "In Nomine 2nd Edition." Tinkered with a bunch, but haven't come up with anything usable beyond tiny hacks of wee games that handle the game well for one-shots, but not really for advancement.

I also ran about a year of Urban Shadows as-written, though, and was really impressed with how elegantly it handled some things I think In Nomine was going for but kind of missed, like forcing you to get into the muck with disparate factions, and making corruption actually extremely tempting. Make up a few different angel/demon playbooks with dissonance conditions as corruption triggers (and a note that you just change playbooks when an angel's corruption meter fills up), change the factions to heaven/hell/mortal/ethereal, and you have a pretty workable In Nomine game. I'd miss the d666 interventions, though. :)
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:03 PM   #24
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
SJ Games grants permission to print a physical copy of their PDFs. Talk to your local print shop, or try a service like Lulu. You can get professional binding (probably "perfect bound" for paperback, or "casewrap" for hardcover).

The trickiest part (from what I read) is coming up with an image (text, typeface, colors, artwork if any) for the spine, which isn't included in the PDFs.
It isn't that difficult to find a copy of Skreech Caps for sale online.
Linotype: https://www.linotype.com/277811/skre...ps-family.html
Fonts.com: https://www.fonts.com/font/t-26/skreech-caps/regular

As for images, I don't know whether the art at http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/artwork/ is available for printing, or just for viewing online on the SJGames website.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:17 AM   #25
nuulak

I try to pop into this forum every couple of weeks myself and see what the chatter is, if any.

I also have all of the books but struggle to get my group to play this game. The ideas are interesting what is presented, my players see the lack of support on this game as a definite deterrent. Also with new games, Urban Shadows, and the english release of Kult they feel that the game is not worth investing in.

Kind of sad since I actually enjoy this system and mechanics.
nuulak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta