Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #11
Valadrim

Default Re: My Monster Hunters Game

This sounds great, I am in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trechriron View Post
Note: Disadvantages are built into the templates. You choose from the selections provided. Due to the required Background Template (MOTHERR [60]), you cannot choose Patron, Duty or Enemy. Please select from other options listed in the template (there are always several).
Some of the motivational templates don't have other options. Specifically Solider and Operative both come with Duty as mandatory. Should people just spend these points on other template disadvantages?

Also "Secret (Works for an extra-legal organization) [-10]" sounds like a disadvantage that everyone should have, or no one should have depending how MOTHERR works.

Last edited by Valadrim; 07-11-2015 at 11:47 AM. Reason: clarity
Valadrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:28 PM   #12
trechriron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valadrim View Post
This sounds great, I am in.

Some of the motivational templates don't have other options. Specifically Solider and Operative both come with Duty as mandatory. Should people just spend these points on other template disadvantages?

Also "Secret (Works for an extra-legal organization) [-10]" sounds like a disadvantage that everyone should have, or no one should have depending how MOTHERR works.
Awesome! I hope you will join the Meetup and RSVP. It will be great to have some GURPS enthusiasts in the mix. The other two players who want to play are also GURPS GMs, so this could turn out to be a seriously fun L337 group of GURPsies. :-D

1. Yeah - I added a post to the discussion about those two. Basically on Operative you carry 30 points forward for advantages. On both you pick the "optional" templates. I also nixed Philanthropist and Gun for Hire.

2. That's a good point. Maybe I should reduce the "cost" of the required advantage and give everyone more discretionary points...
My Blog
trechriron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:33 PM   #13
trechriron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Neat! If I can make two Pyramid suggestions? ...
Of course! Picked them up now and will check 'em out. I already have Monster Hunters "1" and Urban Fantasy "1" Pyramids, the Creatures of the Night series, and the whole Monster Hunters line, Gun-Fu, and MH Loadouts so I have a nice library to pull from. :-)

These should keep us a busy for a session or two... :-)
My Blog
Old 07-11-2015, 10:26 PM   #14
Valadrim

Quote:
Awesome! I hope you will join the Meetup and RSVP.
My membership in the group is now pending. I am working on making an Experiment. He is a deceased SS officer reanimated by Nazi scientists and recovered and given new purpose by MOTHERR.
Valadrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #15
trechriron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valadrim View Post
My membership in the group is now pending. I am working on making an Experiment. He is a deceased SS officer reanimated by Nazi scientists and recovered and given new purpose by MOTHERR.
Wunderbar!!
My Blog
Old 07-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #16
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Of course! Picked them up now and will check 'em out. I already have Monster Hunters "1" and Urban Fantasy "1" Pyramids, the Creatures of the Night series, and the whole Monster Hunters line, Gun-Fu, and MH Loadouts so I have a nice library to pull from. :-)

These should keep us a busy for a session or two... :-)
Let me also suggest the Triple Threats from my blog for critters. I also recently wrote up a huge peice on my Patron called "the Whispermen" which others have told me gave them nightmares. I like to think my work is done when I get that compliment. :-)

I HIGHLY suggest the rest of the MH series if you can get it - at minimum MH2 - it makes your life as a MH GM much easier.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #17
trechriron

What about Secret as a disad for the MOTHERR "advantage"? -question from someone...

I want MOTHERR to be so ingrained, smart and successful that they could cover-up, side-step or otherwise mitigate any "issues".

The Secret listed as an option in the templates will be the usual -10 disad that represents "someone finding out I believe in Monsters. And then hunt them." for humiliation and discomfort. :-)
My Blog
Old 07-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #18
trechriron

My Obsidian Portal campaign page is mostly up and ready to be followed (it is pubic).

Seattle Monster Hunters

:-)
My Blog
Old 09-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #19
trechriron

I have successfully formed a GURPS group for Metro Seattle Gamers with the wonderful help of the Seattle GURPS Meetup group!

After our romp through zombie land, we will begin our fight against The Cabal and the dark forces that threaten the good innocent people of the world!
My Blog

Tags
campaigns, monster hunters, seattle