Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 02-26-2015, 04:52 AM   #1
evikour

Default Siege engine

Can I use the siege engine myself when I don't have a Hireling card or is it only for the Hireling to use? If I have both a Hireling and the siege engine in play do these two cards go together or can I give the Hireling any other object to carry and use the engine myself?
evikour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:11 AM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Siege engine

The Siege Engine card was re-written back in 2010. It does not have any Hireling text in the current version.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
evikour

So it is simply another weapon that gives you a +4 bonus in combat and follows all the item rules?It has nothing to do with Hirelings?
Old 02-26-2015, 10:28 AM   #4
Brf

The current Siege Engine is not equipped like other permanent items.
At the beginning of each combat, you can decide if you are riding it into battle or not. It does not have Hireling verbiage anymore.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

Brf, is correct, it isn't just as simple as saying it's a normal Item. Regardless of what the card is now, the Greek version uses the old text, which relied on a different version of Hireling.

Without going into too much detail, the old version of Hireling just allowed you to carry an extra Big Item, but couldn't use it for you, so if you were wearing Armor, had a Big Item, and had Hireling, you could give the Hireling a second Big Item. If that second Big Item was Armor, you couldn't use it, since you were already wearing Armor. The old version of Siege Engine basically said that it was an Item Hireling could use it for you, which meant you didn't have to have two free Hands (I think that's all it was) to use it. Otherwise, you could use it, but it would take two Hands to do it.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #6
evikour

You mean that even when I have it in play (not turned sideways) I can choose not to use it?Why would I do that since I need all the bonuses I can get in a battle?
Also:Does it follow the rules for big items?If the siege engine is in play can I use another big item as well?
Old 02-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #7
MunchkinMan

Because if you're using the Siege Engine, there are downsides as well. I'm not going to write out the whole card text just to explain a version of the card you don't have.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #8
evikour

I would like to use the card with its current version no matter what the Greek text says. So I will treat it as a big item that I will have on the table as equipped,ready to use in each battle and if I don't want it, I will turn it sideways before the combat.I won't be able to have a second big item in play if I have the Siege engine equipped on the table.Are all these legal?
Old 02-26-2015, 02:05 PM   #9
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Just use the text you already have. Going through all the differences between your Greek edition of Munchkin and the current English version is far too time-consuming a task for two very busy staff and an equally busy volunteer.

I'm sorry that we can't be more help.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote