Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #31
hcobb

Default Re: In Nomine, minus the angels

How about this for a twist:

They're all outcasts!

The so-called heaven is a fraud setup by the known archies in ethereal space on a shoe string budget. They live in terror of the day when Satan gets up the nerve to drop in and find that he's not burned.

Gabby keeps saying that she knows the way back to God, but she's just nuts, right?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:03 PM   #32
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
How about this for a twist:

They're all outcasts!

The so-called heaven is a fraud setup by the known archies in ethereal space on a shoe string budget. They live in terror of the day when Satan gets up the nerve to drop in and find that he's not burned.

Gabby keeps saying that she knows the way back to God, but she's just nuts, right?
That is kind of brilliant. I haven't decided yet whether it's thematically at odds with what I had in mind or whether it is a more perfect version of it. Hmm.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #33
Jason

Yikes, I never even saw this post, and there was a direct request for more info! I'll message you soon, Chris. As for specific questions here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elberon View Post
I think Baal would certainly do raids against known tethers once a decade to see if things have changed, I won't mention the fun Belial would have taking out as many as he could. If I was a PC and I wanted to test the theory it is what I would do - possible Notre Dame. You might want/ need to address it
Yes, good point. I think the canon for me here will probably be that Heavenly Tethers are confirmed "closed," without anymore scary light from Heaven, but also unable to be corrupted into Infernal Tethers, according to testing to date. (Or at least that's what the average demon on the street has heard.)

It also occurred to me that there is one other major angelic presence I forgot to address: The Angels of Final Judgment, stationed at the gates of Hell. Official answer for now is that they disappeared immediately following the recall of Uriel, but before anybody had a chance to react to this news in Hell, they were replaced by a pair of statues bearing their likenesses (and which seem to contain an impossible number of Forces to the trained eye). Everyone just kind of leaves them be as if they were the original angels, save for the occasional act of graffiti.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backwards, campaigns, heretical