Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 01-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
wriathblackmane

Default Monster Targets and Jedi-like Mind Tricks

The card These aren't the munchkins you are looking for seems to be all about avoiding having one of your monsters stop on you during their move turn. It says it can be played at any time except in combat and would make sense that it could be used during the monster's turn in a fashion as follows

The plutonium dragon, on a blue base, is moving following its floor markers and encounters Blue Munchkin who plays the 'These Aren't the Munchkins You Are Looking For' card and turns the base green and the Dragon continues on its merry way

This move makes sense to me and mine but we're looking for a ruling with a more official stance to it. Is this one card the sole exception to the rule of not being able to interrupt the monster turn or is it up to more enterprising munchkins to realize they are in the path of danger and attempt to pre-empt getting landed on by a pair of level 20 dragons by changing their base color?
wriathblackmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #2
Baradrae

Default Re: Monster Targets and Jedi-like Mind Tricks

Here is what I think should be the ruling.
The monster keeps moving until it gets into the room with it's owner.
It stops. Monster move is now over.
Then the "Aren't the munchkins" card goes into effect (since the cards can't be played during the monster movement).
The monster is still in the room with him, just in a different color base.
But I will accept any better reasoning/official ruling on this.
Baradrae is offline   Reply With Quote