Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #1
43Supporter

Default Customizing... Truck Stops?

Digging through the old file folders, and found my modified Truck Stop.

Specifically: I wondered why it didn't have a medical facility -- either someone gets brought in after coming off second-best in a encounter, or an accident in the vehicle bays, or similar. So I repurposed some of the space in the Security Building. (I can't post pics of it, so please bear with the wall of text to come. :) )

There are two unlabeled areas in the building. The northernmost one is Living Space for the head of Security; the doorways on the south and west walls are sealed. The southernmost is Living Space for the onsite Medical staff (which is to say: One guy with Paramedic skill :) ); there is a doorway in the NW corner of the room. (I detailed out the interiors of these room -- they have beds, sinks, toilets, chairs, and all the other niceties of "home"; but describing same would be a post unto itself.)

The southern "Living Area" space is now the Medical Bay. The exterior door has been moved to the NW corner of the room. There is a 3/4" [scale] long "front desk" just south of the door; south of that is a thin wall with a door on the east end, separating the main area into a "waiting room" [north] and an "operating theatre" [south]. There's just enough room in the operating theatre for a couple of patients. The 1" x 1/2" area just south of the operating theatre is where the cabinets for medicine, equipment storage, etc., is located; and when Gold Cross becomes available, there's space for 1-2 cryo units, to hold the worst cases until "dustoff".

The northern "Living Area" becomes a garage for the Truck Stop's Security vehicles (various Acc.-10 cars, depending on era and resources), and the Medical facility's vehicle (an Ambucycle to begin with; later a Wagon-based ambulance. The west wall has a 1" [scale] garage door.

Yeah, I had a lot of free time as a kid.... :)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote