Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 07-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
Riggmortis

Default Epic Munchkin Quest (User Variant)

This is a variant i made myself, you may use it if you like, please leave me comments or improvements. I made this so that those crazy enough to wanna sit down for 3-9 hours (depends who playing) and play this they can.

Getting to Epic

You must fight and beat the level 10 boss. By defeating him alone you get 3 additional dm cards and 2 additional treasures. If you get help then you get 1 additional treasure.

Being Epic

Deals cost half and give double, except for buying levels. You cant buy levels in epic mode, GUAL only works UNTILL level 17. Being Epic you get 2 more movement tokens and 3 more health tokens, you dropping to level 9 and giving up your epic status (losing your movement and health) you will fully heal.

Always as Epic

any monster you face (except boss) gets +10 and rolls 2 extra die.

If you run out of unexplored rooms, then the outter most links becomes walls and you may not go passed them, monsters may. Roll the color die, (if you are not playing with 6 people, and a color is rolled yet no one is that color, re-roll till a color that is being used is shown) fill up everyone's (who is playing) bases with monsters. everyone who gets a monster during this phase gets 1 dm card (each player only gets maximum of 1 dm, this only happens once). Then they may place the monster any where on the map except in the room of or in the adjacent room of a munchkin, may be placed in a room with a monster. If a monster is killed the owner of the base draws a new monster and places it anywhere under the stipulation above.

If at any point a deck runs out, reshuffle the the discard and flip it over.

Elf

Elves get 1 additional movement so long as they are an elf.

An elf may either lower the movement of a munchkin by 2 (-2 movement) until the beginning of the elf's next turn. OR in combat lower a monster by 3 (-3 bonus) usable once a turn.

Halfling
gets +1 to run away

Halflings may either pay 2000 gold to lower the level of a munchkin by 1 (1 is the lowest level) only if the halfling is in the same room or in an adjacent room. or may pay 100 gold to get +1 in combat (goes away after the combat). Usuable at any time.

Dwarf
Dwarves get a +3 to the size of thier pack and +3 hits.

Once on a dwarf's turn the dwarf may roll a d6. 1-5 and the dwarf may choose to remove a monster of the level shown on the die. On a 6 the dwarf may remove 2 level 5 or lower monsters. The dwarf may lower the level of any munchkin within 2 rooms of him by levels equaled to the number of monsters removed. or may raise the dwarf's level equaled to the number of monsters removed. usuable till level 16. *note the monsters are removed not killed, no levels or treasures can be given, and they maybe removed from anywhere.

Thief
+2 movement, +1 run away.

you may steal from a munchkin if you are in the same room. roll your search (you must announce you are stealing from who ever)

0-2 2 hits and lose 1 level
3-6 2 hits
7-9 1 hit
10-13 you pick between 1 small item in play or 1 treasure card from thier hand
14-19 1 treasure card from hand AND 1 small item
20+ 1 treasure card from hand, 1 small item, and all of thier gold

Wizard
May discard 3 cards and lower the level of any munchkin within 3 rooms of the wizard by 1. OR may lower the level of any monster in combat by 10 (1 is the lowest level).

Wizard may also attempt to flee curses and traps by discarding 1 card and attempting a run away. On success the trap or curse doesnt affect the wizard and the wizard gets the card they discarded back. on failure the wizard loses the card and also takes a hit and curse or trap takes affect.

Cleric
May discard 1 card and retrieve any holy item and add that item to thier hand.

May discard thier entire hand and take 1 hit to kill and undead or demon monster in the room with the cleric

Warrior
Warriors get +3 hits and all equipment gives +1 more bonus.

Warrior may discard 3 cards from thier hand to lower the bonuses of each monster they are facing by 3 (1 is the lowest).

*In the case of monsters in a mob, this affects each monster individually, so if there are 3 monsters in the mob, the total lowered value is 9 (-3 for each monster).

The Boss
Draw a monster card and place it at the entrance. The monster's level is now a level 35. if the monster was a level 1 or 2 then draw another monster and its level is a level 25. Both of these monsters fight like a mob and will not leave the entrance and you must fight them (rules of the previous boss apply).
If you you lose you goto level 9 immediately and your stats are adjusted accordingly then the bad stuff happens.
Riggmortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
Quaff_fu

Default Re: Epic Munchkin Quest (User Variant)

[QUOTE=Riggmortis;820463]This is a variant i made myself, you may use it if you like, please leave me comments or improvements. I made this so that those crazy enough to wanna sit down for 3-9 hours (depends who playing) and play this they can.

Here is more info on Epic Munchkin:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=59327
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=48023

It will take me a well to go throw this before I can leave a comment.

Pat
Old 07-16-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
Baradrae

Default Re: Epic Munchkin Quest (User Variant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaff_fu View Post
It will take me a well to go throw this before I can leave a comment.
Walks away quickly, head spinning.
Baradrae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epic, epic munchkin quest, munchkin, munchkin quest