Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 08-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #211
Kale

Default Re: Updated / New Character Sheets

Woot! Thanks!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #212
gfxcasa

In fact, the talent of language is the only thing I can think of for the moment that changes languages. If there are others, they may not be too common. Would it be practical to cut the bonuses just for the language and do with it?
gfxcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #213
tmedwards

Announcing Bookish Layout r08 (requires GCA 4.0.371 or later).

Bookish Layout is always available from: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/sheets/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bookish Layout r08 highlights:
  • Added more structure to the HTML markup format.
  • Renamed the Textile (Generic) format to Textile (Basic/Obsidian Portal) to clarify that it's the format that should be used with Obsidian Portal. (at least until their RedCloth parser is up to spec.)
  • All formats now support the character notes section. Additionally, the character description section is better handled.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #214
tmedwards

Announcing a updated version of the NPC Cards Sheet ("npcsheet.gcs").

For the time being, you can find it on the GCA Repository: http://www.motoslave.net/gcarepo/view.php?pkgid=103

I haven't quite yet decided if I'm just going to clean it up and maybe add some new features or just rewrite the entire thing. Regardless, the current updates are:
  • Added a DR field. There's an option to chose which body location has its DR displayed (default: Torso).
  • Rewrote the HP checkboxes code so that it fails less often, and when it does fail, it does so gracefully by truncating. You can now have up to 105 HP before it truncates.
  • Reworked the Name and Total Points fields, so that the Name field is much less likely to need to wrap.
  • Reworked the secondary characteristics labels. They all are now aligned to the right, to bind closely to their own value. Several have also been redone to take up less space.
  • Reclaimed a little vertical space for the Equipment section.
  • The sheet is now 7-bit clean. What this means is that the sheet can now be used on systems using a double-byte character set; e.g. Shift JIS.
  • Code cleanup.

Last edited by tmedwards; 09-29-2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Missed a change, updated to list to include 7-bit clean status.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #215
tmedwards

Announcing a updated version of the NPC Cards Sheet ("npcsheet.gcs").

For the time being, you can find it on the GCA Repository: http://www.motoslave.net/gcarepo/view.php?pkgid=103

The latest updates are:
  • Added additional secondary characteristics, namely Will and Perception.
  • Added additional active defenses, namely Parry and Block. There's an option to control if any of the active defenses are printed (default: enabled).
  • Added an additional DR table, in addition to the existing single DR field. There's an option to switch between them (default: single DR field). Additionally, there's a new option to control if either of the DR elements print (default: enabled).
  • Reduced slightly the vertical space between the Ads and Skills sections.
  • More code cleanup.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #216
tmedwards

Notice for Phoenix users:

If you usually have Phoenix upgrade your sheet option settings for you, please do not create exports of your sheet profile options for Phoenix yet. I'll be releasing a new version of Phoenix soon, which will upgrade your sheet profile options as normal. You may then create exports of those upgraded sheet profile options.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #217
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix r50 (requires GCA 4.0.408 or later).

Phoenix is always available from: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/phoenix/

Important! As previously noted, if you usually have Phoenix upgrade your sheet option settings for you, please do not create exports of your sheet profile options with versions of Phoenix prior to r50. Use r50 to upgrade your sheet profile options as you have in the past, and then you may then create exports of those upgraded sheet profile options. Failure to follow this advice could result in the loss of option settings.

This release also marks the end of the two style variants, as that can now be handled better via profiles. To that end, this release is the first to include phoenix-profiles.ini: An optional set of nine profiles for importing into Phoenix via the new profiles system. Three basic profiles: Standard, Combat Template A, and Combat Template B; each with three style variants: Default, Black & White (fairly monochromatic), and Grey (more monochromatic than Default, less-so than Black & White).

Phoenix r50 highlights:
  • Added two new movement modes, Jump and Brachiation, to the Encumbrance Table and Slam Table blocks.
  • Added a new, optional, Combinations block.
  • Added more general support for checkboxes via the checkbox() and checkboxlocation() tags:
    • The checkbox() tag allows any trait to print checkboxes in the the Wound/Usage Recording block. Its value must either be numeric or the name of another tag which yields a numeric value (e.g. "checkbox(12)" or "checkbox(charshots)").
    • The checkboxlocation() tag allows checkboxes to be printed in specific locations. Its value must be a valid render location, and only "owner" is currently recognized (e.g. "checkboxlocation(owner)"); additionally, the "owner" location is only supported by the Templates & Meta-Traits, Advantages, Perks, Disadvantages, and Quirks blocks. In the absence of the tag, or with an invalid render location, checkboxes will render to the default location.
  • Changed the setting of the print hidden traits option so that the Melee Attacks, Ranged Attacks, and Spell Grimoire blocks will print hidden traits by default.
  • Various tweaks and adjustments.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #218
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmedwards View Post
Announcing Phoenix r50 (requires GCA 4.0.408 or later).
To go along with Phoenix r50 I've created zip files of my Phoenix sheet options. This includes my NPC sheet options (compact), Combat Oriented sheet options, and Quick View sheet options.

In addition I have my standard PC sheet layout, which I've customized for several genres with Logo and Fonts (the free fonts you'll need are included in the file, along with the Logos). There's a version for:
  • Discworld
  • Dungeon Fantasy
  • Fantasy
  • Prime Directive (using a Star Trek style font)
  • Traveller
  • Wild Cards
  • Wild West (using a Playbill style font)
  • WWII (using a military Stencil style font).
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/GCA4/Phoenix.zip (372kb)
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/GCA4/Phoenix.7z (300kb)
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 12-16-2011 at 12:34 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #219
tmedwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
To go along with Phoenix r50 I've created zip files of my Phoenix sheet options. This includes my NPC sheet options (compact), Combat Oriented sheet options, and Quick View sheet options.
Oh, hey. That's pretty cool. The custom fonts and logos are a nice touch too. :)

Why the separate profile files though? I'd have thought that it would have been easier, or at least less cluttered, to put all of the profiles in one file, like phoenix-ericbsmith.ini or something like that.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #220
Peter V. Dell'Orto
Fightin' Round the World

I like the updated Phoenix sheet.

One question - when I check off "Print a chart describing the meaning of special colum notes in the melee attacks box" (or ranged, as well) it prints notes for things like U parry, the dagger for ST, Shots "T" but not what, say [6] on a flail (-4 to parry, -2 to block) means.

Is there a way to Phoenix to print that too, or (preferably) instead?
My S&C Blog
My Dungeon Fantasy Game Blog
"You fall onto five death checks." - Andy Dokachev
Peter V. Dell'Orto is offline   Reply With Quote