Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 02-24-2024, 03:27 AM   #1
Ragnarookie

Default Bardic Luck & general rules clarification

So when it says immediately, just to be fair gm, can one assume an appropriate response time is like 2 seconds. And not actually take their sweet time reading everything?

So I can carry unlimited small items and I can carry items that are not my race or class I just can’t use them but is open to trade.

Can cheat or hireling’s cheat be used on a stead?
Also the big rule, so if I have a big steed by itself I can’t carry or equip anything else big?
Ragnarookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 09:53 AM   #2
Mr_Draco

Default Re: Bardic Luck & general rules clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarookie View Post
So when it says immediately, just to be fair gm, can one assume an appropriate response time is like 2 seconds. And not actually take their sweet time reading everything?

So I can carry unlimited small items and I can carry items that are not my race or class I just can’t use them but is open to trade.

Can cheat or hireling’s cheat be used on a stead?
Also the big rule, so if I have a big steed by itself I can’t carry or equip anything else big?
1) Immediately usually means that players are not able to play anything afterwards to change the outcome. Though there may be a scenario where they can react so if you have a specific scenario in mind, go ahead and ask.

2) Correct

3) Yes

4) Steeds carry themselves so the Big rule doesn't apply. The steeds are only listed as Big to prevent Thieves from trying to steal them.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 02:19 PM   #3
Ragnarookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
1) Immediately usually means that players are not able to play anything afterwards to change the outcome. Though there may be a scenario where they can react so if you have a specific scenario in mind, go ahead and ask.

2) Correct

3) Yes

4) Steeds carry themselves so the Big rule doesn't apply. The steeds are only listed as Big to prevent Thieves from trying to steal them.
When I lose an item from a curse, or bad stuff say it says lose head gear or armor, does it have to be what’s equipped or if I’m carrying items that meet that I can discard instead can those count as well?
Old 02-24-2024, 02:28 PM   #4
Ragnarookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post

2) Correct

3) Yes

Oh the scenario I had in mind is that bardic luck says you get an extra treasure and immediately discard one so does it just imply one can’t read and pick and choose or I guess it just means you can’t use any rewards or anything until you discard and complete that action/ability?

Are steed treated like items cause we are limited to one, but unlike hireling it have a value on it so does that mean if I get a better steed can I trade it away or give it away to replace it with a better steed. Also if I already have a steed does cheat work to have. 2nd steed or can I use the hireling ability to “carry a steed” or since steeds are unequippable they can’t be carried?

Thanks for answering wrapping my head as much as I can to be a good GM this evening, will be 5 of us, 1 new to the game, 2x inexperienced myself included and 1 not a big fan of all the rules and reading and theme altogether.
Old 02-24-2024, 06:12 PM   #5
Mr_Draco

Quote:
When I lose an item from a curse, or bad stuff say it says lose head gear or armor, does it have to be what’s equipped or if I’m carrying items that meet that I can discard instead can those count as well?
Depends on the exact wording of the card. Some cards say "Armor you are wearing" or "Armor you have equipped" and for those it has to be what you have currently equipped. If it says "Discard your Armor" then it can be Armor you are carrying.

Quote:
Oh the scenario I had in mind is that bardic luck says you get an extra treasure and immediately discard one so does it just imply one can’t read and pick and choose or I guess it just means you can’t use any rewards or anything until you discard and complete that action/ability?
You are allowed to stop and read them before choosing. In this case, it means you can't play cards or abilities until you make a decision.

Quote:
Are steed treated like items cause we are limited to one, but unlike hireling it have a value on it so does that mean if I get a better steed can I trade it away or give it away to replace it with a better steed. Also if I already have a steed does cheat work to have. 2nd steed or can I use the hireling ability to “carry a steed” or since steeds are unequippable they can’t be carried?
Steeds are items and follow the normal item rules.

Yes you can use Cheat to equip a second steed.

Hirelings can not use steeds unless that hireling says it can.

Quote:
Thanks for answering wrapping my head as much as I can to be a good GM this evening, will be 5 of us, 1 new to the game, 2x inexperienced myself included and 1 not a big fan of all the rules and reading and theme altogether.
No prob. Good luck and have fun.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote