Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-26-2009, 05:16 AM   #1
silke_rahn

Default Fearun and the Forgotten Realms for GURPS

I think long ago I had made an inquirey about finding data for converting a DnD 3.0/3.5 D20 Modern system PnP game into a GURPS 4E game. I have need of simple conversion applications and maybe even down loadable temples for the GURPS Character Assistant 4. As far as maps and storyline data I have all that as I have basic Forgotten Realms books from both DnD 3.0 and DnD 3.5 as well as the boxed set from ADnD 2. Looked over the DnD 4.0 and decided it may be better to move my campaign into GURPS many classes and races can use just the basic GURPS Fantasy races, but there are specialty races like the Yaun-Ti and the Drow/ Ilythiiri.

If someone can direct me to currently available material I can look over it would be welcomed. Thank you all.
Denise Hemmingway
aka
Nedylene Rahn
The Argent Maid of Lunar Temple and House Rahn
on the Neverwinter Nights 2/ MotB/ SoZ server
The Forgotten Realm

Last edited by silke_rahn; 01-26-2009 at 07:03 AM.
silke_rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:20 AM   #2
silke_rahn

Default Re: Fearun and the Forgotten Realms for GURPS

Oh I might add that I am thinking of running my new GURPS Forgotten Realms campaign as part of my Infinite World Campaign.

Makes one wonder how I-Cops or Interworld Agents could handle Waterdeep, Neverwinter, the Dale Lands, Menzoberranzan, etc.
silke_rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
Eltharon

I think Icelander made up some smallish conversions to FR somewhere in the forum (Just do a search, you'll be surprised what comes up). There are to my knowledge, however, no GCA files or conversion programs. For all the races/monsters, I'd just pull out my basic set and the Monster Manual and convert "manually", so to speak. There's no right way to convert from DnD to GURPS, it's all a matter of preference
Eltharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
Diomedes

Hmm. Might this be what you're looking for?
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
Fnordianslip

While I don't have conversion info per se, I can tell you how my group is doing our Time of Troubles Forgotten Realms game in GURPS. Basically, we're using standard GURPS rules with Dungeon Fantasy as an add on. The important thing for us was to keep the feel of the setting without bothering converting ANY DnD rules. We aren't using any kind of class analogues or anything like that. The exception to GURPS rules is how we treat magic items. When it comes to magic items, the GM just decides what it's going to do, often by looking at a DnD item and then adjusting the scale to fit with GURPS. Racial templates are pretty easy and I think a quick search will bring those right up on the forums. Mostly though, just make fantasy GURPS characters and use the setting with minimal conversion. I think that will likely give you a satisfying game, I know it's been great for my group so far and we've been playing this for over a year!
Fnordianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
Collective_Restraint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltharon
For all the races/monsters, I'd just pull out my basic set and the Monster Manual and convert "manually", so to speak. There's no right way to convert from DnD to GURPS, it's all a matter of preference
I did start converting the D20 SRD Monster list in this thread. If you want them in a better visual layout/format, check my site under Articles -> Dungeon Fantasy. As for the guidelines to convert the critters, I used the ones I posted here. Don't forget this is for a quick conversion ! It does give good results though.

Tags
forgotten realms