Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
Moldon

Default Take off Chicken on Your Head

sorry for this thread. it has been discussed many many times, but I just want to summarize all in one place.
in which cases I remove the Chicken on Your Head ?
1. I got the Curse or Bad Stuff "Lose your Headgear" and I have equipped Headgear
2. I got the Curse or Bad Stuff "Lose your Headgear" and I have only unequipped Headgear
3. I got the Curse or Bad Stuff "Lose your Headgear" and I have not Headgear
4. I got the Curse or Bad Stuff "Lose the Headgear you are wearing" and I have equipped Headgear
5. I got the Curse or Bad Stuff "Lose the Headgear you are wearing" and I have only unequipped Headgear
6. I got the Curse or Bad Stuff "Lose the Headgear you are wearing" and I have not Headgear
7. I got the Curse or Bad Stuff "Lose an Item" and I chose the loss of Headgear that I wore
8. I got the Curse or Bad Stuff "Lose an Item" and I chose the loss of Headgear that I have in unequipped status
9. I died and I I have equipped Headgear (FAQ say yes, but but neither card nor the rules do not cover this variant)
10. I died and I have only unequipped Headgear
11. I died and I have not Headgear

again sorry for this topic, but Russian gamers asking me so many questions about this curse, and I can not answer them clearly.
and sorry for my bad English.

Last edited by Moldon; 07-14-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Moldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:26 AM   #2
DRaider_GR

Default Re: Take off Chicken on Your Head

I've done a lot of reading about this card too, and these are the answers i came to:

01) Yes, if you wear Headgear, the Chicken goes with it. But if you have another Headgear unequipped, then that one takes priority* and you can't choose to lose the one you are wearing.
02) No, you must be wearing it.
03) Nope.
04) Yes, Chicken goes.
05) No.
06) No.
07) You can't choose to lose Headgear if you have other items in use you can lose (they take priority*).
08) You can choose to lose unequipped Headgear, but Chicken will stay were it was.
09) FAQ is correct.
10) No.
11) No.

You can also get rid of that annoying Chicken, if you use a Wishing Ring.

*I've read that in a thread, it was official answer but i don't remember how old it was. If i find it i will edit with the link.

Edit: Found it, it was from a very old thread so i might be wrong on that:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...29&postcount=5

I might also be wrong about 2:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...99&postcount=2

Last edited by DRaider_GR; 07-15-2014 at 04:50 AM.
DRaider_GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
Brf

Actually, the first post you link says it should be "Yes" for 2 and 3.
If the curse specifically targets "headgear", it removes the chicken whether you actually have headgear or not.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

We don't usually quote card text around here, but in this case, it's important:

Any Curse or Bad Stuff that removes your Headgear will take the chicken with it.

This means that any Curse or Bad Stuff that (a) specifically targets Headgear or (b) has the effect of removing the Headgear you are wearing, whether specifically targeting it or not, will remove the Chicken.

In the original post, therefore, all situations but 8, 10, and 11 would remove the Curse. (A note on situation 9: Death does not normally remove continuing Curses, but the specific rule on this one overrides the general principle.)

This IS an official ruling.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
DRaider_GR

In case of Curse or Bad Stuff "Lose your Headgear" and having 2 Headgears, one equipped and one unequipped, does it mean that no matter which Headgear i choose to discard, the Chicken will go?

Also, i know that this will not change anything, but i believe the ruling is confusing, the Chicken stays on Munchkin's head and therefore it should not be gone with an unequipped Headgear. Just a small note, nothing more.

Btw, Moldon thanks for this thread, there are a lot of threads about this card and it's nice to be able to find almost everything in one place.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
Moldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaider_GR View Post
In case of Curse or Bad Stuff "Lose your Headgear" and having 2 Headgears, one equipped and one unequipped, does it mean that no matter which Headgear i choose to discard, the Chicken will go?
In this case you lose ALL yours Headgears
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
If the only instruction is "Lose Yer Footgear," you lose all Footgear you have in play, whether you were using it or not. If it said something more like "Lose The Footgear You Are Wearing," then it would apply to only the Footgear you were using (yes, that includes the stuff you were Cheating).
Old 07-15-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
DRaider_GR

The truth is i haven't come to that point yet, after playing with the first 2 Munchkins, because there is not such Curse in those two. But nice to know for the future.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #8
Moldon

Just to be sure in case 7.
Any Curse or Bad Stuff force me lose an Item (discard or give away) and I choose to lose wearing Headhear, will remove Chicken?