Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 09-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Hazelanne

Default Questions about items and wandering monster

Hi all,

Im new to the game i have a few question regarding items:
1 can u switch equipment during charity phase which said that u must play necessary cards, does it mean u can equip unequip during charity?

2 or can u switch items anytime except in combat, even in ur opponents turn?

3 does it applies aswell for selling items? That u can sell them at any players turn and any phases except combat?

4 if i play wandering monster lv12 to add a level 4 mob. Then somehow i discarded the lv12 monster. Does the level 4 mob still have +12 combat stats?
Hazelanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Questions about items and wandering monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelanne View Post
1 can u switch equipment during charity phase which said that u must play necessary cards, does it mean u can equip unequip during charity?
Yes, you have time before Charity to do anything that you can do at any time during your turn, which inlcudes equipping and unequipping Items.

Quote:
2 or can u switch items anytime except in combat, even in ur opponents turn?
Yes, you can do that too. It must be your turn to put Items into play, but you can change them between being used or not at any time you are not in combat.

Quote:
3 does it applies aswell for selling items? That u can sell them at any players turn and any phases except combat?
The rules state that you can only sell Items for levels during your own turn while you are not in combat. So you can sell Items before giving Charity, but you can't do it on somebody else's turn.

Quote:
4 if i play wandering monster lv12 to add a level 4 mob. Then somehow i discarded the lv12 monster. Does the level 4 mob still have +12 combat stats?
No, if the monster is discarded, its combat strength no longer counts towards the total combat strength of the monsters. Also, how are you discarding the monster? Once you play it into the combat, the only way to discard it would be through cards such as Pollymorph Potion or Magic Lamp that remove a monster from the combat. You can't discard it to power a class ability or something like that, if that's what you were thinking.

Tags
combat, items