Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 05:52 PM   #21
kbs666

Default Re: Now On Kickstarter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We've done what we can to limit this sort of behavior. Turtle mode makes for a dull and frustrating game for the other players. And if a player does try this tactic, I highly recommend the others direct all attacks at that player until the problem is destroyed.
Is it a turtle if it has massive armor, a ram plate and the accel and handling to use the plater? That was one of my favorite designs in CW. I've always really like driving through opponents and leaving confetti behind.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:53 PM   #22
kbs666

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
Back in the day, I am sure we played more than once with 6-8 players. I don’t remember it being tedious! But maybe I am blocking that part of my memory?
Maybe you have a higher tolerance for this but a 6 player arena fight took 2 days to complete for me and friends on a couple of occasions.
Old 11-29-2019, 06:42 PM   #23
Parody

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
Back in the day, I am sure we played more than once with 6-8 players. I don’t remember it being tedious! But maybe I am blocking that part of my memory?
For the last ~20 years we've been playing CWC2+UACFH with 5-8 players most months and a maximum time limit of 6 hours. While there are aspects of the game that are repetitive, we all have a good time blowing each other up. We also enjoy designing vehicles in the time between games.

When looking at Sixth Edition, though, set aside what you know about Car Wars except for the concept of "Cars With Guns". This is a different game and should be evaluated as such.
Old 11-29-2019, 06:56 PM   #24
HeatDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Is it a turtle if it has massive armor, a ram plate and the accel and handling to use the plater? That was one of my favorite designs in CW. I've always really like driving through opponents and leaving confetti behind.
Pretty sure that dynamic isn't possible in this iteration of the game. Damage from collisions tops out at your speed (1-5) plus a relatively small constant, and (I think) is reduced by your opponents defense due to speed, manuevers, and structural elements.

You'll be able to mess up the side you ram pretty seriously, but with 10 damage points in the powerplant, plus at least 3-5 points of armor on your target, you're not gonna confetti a fresh car with even a full-speed ram, I think.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:34 PM   #25
jcpatten

It's over 300% funded. Do we really have to wait another 37 days for the Kickerstarter to close?
Old 11-29-2019, 10:23 PM   #26
Frumious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpatten View Post
It's over 300% funded. Do we really have to wait another 37 days for the Kickerstarter to close?
Yes, there are a total of 7 mini expansions I want to have as stretch goals and then buy. :)

Also, they wanted to have a long window so people don't miss out.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:47 AM   #27
philreed
I do stuff and things.

New stretch goal info:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2698393
Old 11-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #28
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
And my mind is blown. PLEASE tell me you're not planning on taking a loss on the $140 level. For what's in it, and the September tease, I wouldn't blink if that had a $200-$250 price tag.

My first thought when I saw the campaign was "Where's the $350 level analogue? Guess they must've dropped it by making Minis 2 a stretch goal...", and we're currently pretty close to getting it for $140. 0_0
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
Old 11-30-2019, 12:23 PM   #29
Buzzardo

I'm loving this project. I knew SJG would make it be a fun one, and I am not disappointed. Thanks. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Old 11-30-2019, 07:16 PM   #30
Racer

Love the name of the 'Sledge' !
Note 100% sure on the graphics/miniature ? Could be I need a larger screen with better resolution though .
Closed Thread