Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-12-2017, 02:28 AM   #1
Hide

Default Looking for the one-inch punch

Good evening,

Just as the tittle says, I am looking for the one inch punch. Perhaps a "preset skill", formula or method to emulate or replicate the one-inch punch; has any of you stumbled with this technique?

Maybe I could buy a crushing innate attack, add some enhancements and then pay for "adaptation to brawling":

Innate attack (Crush) 3 for 33 CP
Armor Divisor (3), +100%; Double Knockback, +20%
Skill Adaptation 1, for 1 CP
Innate attack to Brawling

Maybe you know something better than this?

What do you think?
Thank you!
- Hide

Last edited by Hide; 10-12-2017 at 02:35 AM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:56 AM   #2
Nereidalbel

Default Re: Looking for the one-inch punch

If you're going for the Innate Attack route and calling it a 1 Inch Punch, there's no reason to use a Perk slot, and, you're spending too many points.

Crushing Attack 3: Armor Divisor, (+100%) Based On Brawling (Own Roll), (+0%) Damage Modifier: Double Knockback, (+20%) Melee Attack: Cannot Parry, (-5%) Melee Attack: Reach C, (-30%) [28]
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:05 AM   #3
Bicorn

For an ability that's essentially a modification on a natural attack, I'd be more inclined to go with the Imbuements from GURPS Power-Ups 1 than an advantage. That looks like a combination skill consisting of Forceful Blow and Penetrating Strike, with Brawling as the specialization.
Bicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #4
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
If you're going for the Innate Attack route and calling it a 1 Inch Punch, there's no reason to use a Perk slot, and, you're spending too many points.

Crushing Attack 3: Armor Divisor, (+100%) Based On Brawling (Own Roll), (+0%) Damage Modifier: Double Knockback, (+20%) Melee Attack: Cannot Parry, (-5%) Melee Attack: Reach C, (-30%) [28]
I see, I will try this one indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicorn View Post
For an ability that's essentially a modification on a natural attack, I'd be more inclined to go with the Imbuements from GURPS Power-Ups 1 than an advantage. That looks like a combination skill consisting of Forceful Blow and Penetrating Strike, with Brawling as the specialization.
This suggestions looks fancy, I am not very familiar with Imbuements so I will check it as well!

Thank you!
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote