Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #681
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Ogre Kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEVJockey View Post
The last 24 hours increased the amount pledged by about $44K and increased the backer count by 166 to reach 2689 (Avg jumping up to 7 new backers per hour).
In a bit under 20 more hours we have passed 3000 backers, at about 16 backers per hour... can you try curve fitting? This might be going exponential.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #682
Will B.

and there goes $475k.
Will B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #683
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will B. View Post
and there goes $475k.
Woo Hoo! Scenario contest anyone? :-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #684
GEVJockey

3303 units have been pre-ordered. (An increase of 389 units!)

Welcome to the new reality. The game must be getting a whole new generation of fans.

The last 24 hours increased the amount pledged by about $61K and increased the backer count by 378 to reach 3067 (Avg more than doubling to 16 new backers per hour). This is just insane and blows away every other day other than the first day.

Average pledge per backer since inception increased to $158.03. The average pledge today was $163.91. At least these numbers are stabilizing.

We surpassed the $425K, $450K. and $475K stretch goal levels in one day after topping stretch goals in each of the previous two days. The next stretch goal, $500K, will be passed tomorrow with 97 new backers. Heck, given the last two day's numbers, we'll blast through $525K, too, needing only 255 new backers. $550K may be safe until Saturday, who knows?

The originally announced target production run of 3,000 units was surpassed and stomped on mercilessly as we exceeded that number by 10%.

The international group continues adding support and has now accounted for $35K of the pledges and 194 units pre-ordered. There were 50 new international backers today.

After being steady for a day, the unallocated pledges (money pledged above the clicked on pledge levels) has increased by almost $3,500 to $19,463. (a lot of dice, extra games, and now, t-shirts, etc).

Projecting through the next 7 days, total units pre-ordered will be 4,380 and pledges will be about $665K!

I seriously considered snatching up the last $4.5K pledge level today but just didn't have enough time to run the numbers fully. It was too much of a gut feeling.

Ride the wave, Steve! This has gone viral.

Last edited by GEVJockey; 05-03-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Back to temporal reality, fixed the Friday gaffe.
GEVJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #685
selenite

Working on it.

Damn. I bet the deadline will be before BoardGameGeek.CON. There goes massive playtesting before submission.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #686
Buzzardo

Quote:
Ride the wave, Steve! This has gone viral.
It's definitely stepped away from just the old Ogre fans and has tapped a new market, and thank the Tank Gods for that. Wargaming on the rise!
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #687
KevinR

Quote:
$550K may be safe until Friday, who knows?
I know we all have been watching this seven days a week for the past three weeks, but doesn't someone know what day it is? [Mid-day I was thinking it was Wednesday, even after seeing Steve's correction this morning.]
KevinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #688
Apache
On Notice

Toldja to expect a surge. Lotta folks read Schlock Mercenary, ya know.

Thanks, Howard.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #689
GEVJockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
I know we all have been watching this seven days a week for the past three weeks, but doesn't someone know what day it is? [Mid-day I was thinking it was Wednesday, even after seeing Steve's correction this morning.]
Um, no. Last week I woke up on Thursday and thought it was Friday. I looked at a delivery schedule and saw that something hadn't been delivered on Thursday and got annoyed. When I was about to leave for a 11am Friday meeting, my wife asked me where I was going and she gently broke the news to me. It was like getting an extra 24 hours to live. I guess I've lost those 24 hours back this week. Oh, well.

Last edited by GEVJockey; 05-03-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Grammar suffers, too
GEVJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #690
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
The last 24 hours increased the amount pledged by about $61K and increased the backer count by 378 to reach 3067 (Avg more than doubling to 16 new backers per hour). This is just insane and blows away every other day other than the first day.
We aren't done, yet. looking at kicktraq, we have officially broken the single-day pledge dollar amount. It seems unlikely that we will also break the number of backers, but today is currently in the #2 spot.

What the....?