Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #591
Clipper

Default Re: Ogre Kickstarter

Yeah, you wouldn't need a sticker provided the software can handle it. Most would, as you'd use the same stuff when doing those '1,456 of 3,000' type things on limited edition boxes. I certainly hope the 4-colour support certificate is personalised too, but I understand if it isn't.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #592
afschell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I run a digital printer, on which it is child's play to print a different name on every piece. However, I've no idea if such a beast exists on the scale necessary to use for something as large as the OGRE box. (In fact, I've no idea how boxes are printed, period. I was assuming that the images are printed on thin paper, then laminated on to the cardboard, rather than running the coated cardboard through a printer.)
Printing is only part of it. The logistics of matching up a uniquely named box (or boxes) with the right shipping address would be colossal.

That said, I initially hoped for only my name on the box but with the support level generated I seriously doubt that will happen.

Now the question becomes will the names be alphabetized on the box or printed based on when you supported the KS project?
afschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #593
adm

Or listed by the amount of your support.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #594
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by afschell View Post
Printing is only part of it. The logistics of matching up a uniquely named box (or boxes) with the right shipping address would be colossal.
Hadn't considered that. Being a press operator, I was looking at it from a purely production viewpoint. Yeah, that'd be a nightmare, especially if the name is in a location not visible when sealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afschell View Post
Now the question becomes will the names be alphabetized on the box or printed based on when you supported the KS project?
Given the number of names we're talking about, I can't imagine it would be anything other than alphabetical. I'm assuming they want you to be able to easily FIND your name.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #595
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Our thinking is: divided by support level, then alpha within that level. Any better ideas out there, fire away. The type will not be huge, but those box sides ARE huge. We will manage. Yes, you're meant to be able to find your name on there.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #596
KevinR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Our thinking is: divided by support level, then alpha within that level.
Aside from the $995 and above levels, most of the levels seem (to me) to blur together. I'd be tempted to use one of these groupings:

* $4.5K, $3K, $1977, $995, Retailers ($300), Ogre Backers ($200), Game Backers ($100-$653).

* $4.5K, $3K, $1977, $995, Retailers ($300), Ogre Backers ($200), 3-game Backers ($285-$653), 2-game Backers ($195-$437), 1-game Backers ($100-$221).

Backers ($10-$75) would be listed only on the website.

I think that it is fair to merge the game&swag levels with the game levels. I also think that the differences in shipping should be disregarded.

Last edited by KevinR; 04-30-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Correct "Backers (under $100)" error.
KevinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #597
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
Aside from the $995 and above levels, most of the levels seem (to me) to blur together. I'd be tempted to use one of these groupings:

* $4.5K, $3K, $1977, $995, Retailers ($300), Ogre Backers ($200), Game Backers ($100-$653), Backers (under $100).

* $4.5K, $3K, $1977, $995, Retailers ($300), Ogre Backers ($200), 3-game Backers ($285-$653), 2-game Backers ($195-$437), 1-game Backers ($100-$221), Backers (under $100).

I think that it is fair to merge the game&swag levels with the game levels. I also think that the differences in shipping should be disregarded.
IIRC, Backers below $100 won't be on the box. Either of these looks decent, though
Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #598
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Backers (under $100).
I don't think that level rates. The first mention of the box is at the $100 level.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #599
KevinR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Quote:
Backers (under $100)
I don't think that level rates. The first mention of the box is at the $100 level.
Quite right. The $10-$75 backers are on the website but not the box.
KevinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #600
GEVJockey

2,579 units have been pre-ordered.

The last 24 hours increased the amount pledged by about $10.7K and increased the backer count by 68 to reach 2400 (Avg steady at 3 new backers per hour).

The $350K stretch goal was passed today. While watching the numbers on the Kickstarter site I've noticed that the number of backers at times and certainly the pledge total have gone down and up. Today we hit $350K and then went below as a $100 backer dropped out, then we passed $350K again and once again fell, though this time we stayed above the stretch goal. From there on out, we've safely increased beyond the goal.

The next stretch goal, $400K, will be passed with 294 new backers which will occur sometime on Saturday. The average pledge for the last few days has been steady at about $148.

Projecting through the next 10 days, total units pre-ordered will be 3,369 and pledges will be about $480K!
GEVJockey is offline   Reply With Quote