Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

View Poll Results: Epic?
I've never played Epic. 69 34.85%
I've tried Epic once or twice, but we prefer the standard game. 44 22.22%
I play Epic occasionally. 61 30.81%
I usually play Epic. 14 7.07%
I never play anything BUT Epic, if I have a choice. 5 2.53%
Once again, you have failed to give me a valid answer. An Epic fail, as it were. I shall explain further in the comments. 5 2.53%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #11
ChargerFan2121

Default Re: Epic?

I have wanted to play Epic for a long time now; however, when I go to try and download off of E23 I click on the download button and it just takes me to a new screen and says I have successfully downloaded it. I check my downloads folder and it is not there. I assume I'm doing something wrong.

Edit: BTW I choose the Epic Fail option as mine is more "I want to play but haven't been able to download rules"....
ChargerFan2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #12
Donovan

love playing epic, just have to find the time. also an epic board may help, hint, hint
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #13
dunrandomly

I love playing epic. But I moved away from my friends that knew how to play (and loved epic also). I am trying to teach others of the glories of Munchkin, and hopefully epic soon.
dunrandomly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #14
TheBiff

Epic is cool, but my group would rather not have a paper floating around saying what our epic powers are. We find the standard game more than enough. However the epic rule idea is a great one.
TheBiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #15
UncleBob

"Never played"

Not due to lack of interest, but because I don't get to play very often and the folks I get to play with have a hard enough time remembering what to do as it is. I couldn't imagine what would happen if I was like "Oh, now we're playing to 20 and here's a bunch more rules."
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
darthjpp

I do play Epic games occationally, mostly with blended games. However, a full Munchkin 1-8 game benefits the extra time and levels in Epic.
darthjpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #17
Brf

Never played Epic. Our regular games were long enough already.
Brf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #18
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerFan2121 View Post
I have wanted to play Epic for a long time now; however, when I go to try and download off of E23 I click on the download button and it just takes me to a new screen and says I have successfully downloaded it. I check my downloads folder and it is not there. I assume I'm doing something wrong.

Edit: BTW I choose the Epic Fail option as mine is more "I want to play but haven't been able to download rules"....
Several other people also had this issue, if I remember correctly. I believe the solution is to right click the download button and choose the "Save As" (or equivalent) option.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #19
tremorlaine

Our group tried to play an epic game once. It was the 2nd time we played with Demented Dungeons. After 4 hours the highest level person was still level 4 so we called the game a tie at midnight. I guess since we never actually got to lvl 11 it wasn't an epic game but that was the intent when we started.

Future site of Griffon Gaming
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #20
ChargerFan2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
Several other people also had this issue, if I remember correctly. I believe the solution is to right click the download button and choose the "Save As" (or equivalent) option.
Ah gracias! I will try that!
ChargerFan2121 is offline   Reply With Quote