Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
stranger38

Default Homemade lethality

Hello guys! working on the zombie game (yay) but for today's post it's another issue. we've started to play a naruto game here, and i'm playing an ussop inspired sniper, and to win against hormone driven super powerful teenagers, i have to be creative. but my goal is: winning through wits not just brawl.
So here's the thing: i'm in dire need of ideas. of types of ammo to use in the slingshot. so far, i've thought of:
Basic stones. as i have weapon master, the damage with them is 1d+1
lead/steel balls. 1d+2 damage, not bad per say... i don't want to be shot with a 1d+2 lead ball!
Rotten eggs (as part of an strategy)
"pepper spray mixture"
Ceramic balls filled with toxic susbstances...
If someone have any ideas, please, post. and the rules are. EVEN the scenario is an "always exagerated anime" i'm trying to be the more realistic possible, because:
1: don't need to spend my cp with powers
2: the "WTF i was defeated by an slingshot" effect on the other guys (who happen to play as hormone driven super powerful teenagers)

PS: as any of you've watched naruto or any other anime, people tend to name their attacks. i'm in need of ideas in this field as well... the original Ussop name's his attacks based on stars. (fire star, tabasco star, lead star...)

Last edited by stranger38; 12-22-2012 at 09:06 AM.
stranger38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
gilbertocarlos

Default Re: Homemade lethality

Real homemade lethality are things like:
Homemade pistols if you have the skills
Improvised spears
Heavy weights dropped from 30ft+
Molotov
gilbertocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
starslayer

Firecrackers.

If any substance exists which negates there powers using those as shot would be very useful.

Otherwise can't go wrong with a spiky ball covered in ricin, and for more immediate effect cyanide coated spiky balls. (Ricin is nice because you can extract it with nothing more then a juicer/mortar& pestle and a botany roll)
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by starslayer View Post
Firecrackers.

If any substance exists which negates there powers using those as shot would be very useful.

Otherwise can't go wrong with a spiky ball covered in ricin, and for more immediate effect cyanide coated spiky balls. (Ricin is nice because you can extract it with nothing more then a juicer/mortar& pestle and a botany roll)
Ricin is a very slow killer. Basicaly useless fro anything excerpt stealthy murder. Cyanide is high tech.

What the OP needs is alchemicals, particularly pastilles.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
ErhnamDJ

Fill a glass bottle with bleach. Fill another glass bottle with ammonia. Duct tape the two together and then launch it at your target. In a suitably cinematic game, this will have the desired result.

Pepper could be useful, but I don't know if you can expect to find it at the right strength.

Electricity is really great for killing people. I don't know how you could use it here, though. Maybe make electrocution traps.

What you're looking at doing here is going straight for their HT score. Make them keep rolling resistance rolls. Hit them with something that smells super bad. You can ferment human waste to get this substance. You can slit their throats while they're gagging.

You could always hit them in the face with acid. That will blind them and burn their faces off.

If you have slingshots, you can build slingshots that are nearly as powerful as firearms. There's really not any need for special ammo. Look around at YouTube videos for things like slingshot crossbows. No one's going to survive getting hit with one of those.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
Figleaf23
Banned

Carbon monoxide.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
starslayer

Oh yes, I almost forgot one of my favourite thrown/slingshot ammo types.

Powdered Lye in paper canisters.
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger38 View Post
Hello guys! working on the zombie game (yay) but for today's post it's another issue. we've started to play a naruto game here, and i'm playing an ussop inspired sniper, and to win against hormone driven super powerful teenagers, i have to be creative. but my goal is: winning through wits not just brawl.
So here's the thing: i'm in dire need of ideas. of types of ammo to use in the slingshot.
Unless the TL is 6+, you're probably going to need to buy powers with the special effect of 'slingshot attacks' (or imbuements with a technological special effect); without an explosive bursting charge, none of the low tech fillers will do more than create a blotch on someone's clothing unless you get a head shot. A head shot against someone without a sealed helmet or force field will cause issues, but if you can do that, you can probably just use raw damage.
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #9
Kilmore

Another good slingshot ammunition is an angry wild animal. I suggest a badger. Some big nasty spider or an alien face hugger would work too. Or an angry bird of some sort.
Kilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #10
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmore View Post
Another good slingshot ammunition is an angry wild animal. I suggest a badger. Some big nasty spider or an alien face hugger would work too. Or an angry bird of some sort.
Some of those poisonous frogs from the Amazon.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote