Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #461
alexondria

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

"but by giving them the easy way you just put them on the path to Hell. What they needed was to see the strength inside themselves, not in deals you were making."
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #462
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Alas, Ryuki's too busy for sarcasm. Instead he's called someone on Sunae's phone. "Eric!" he says, looking tense but sounding jovial and relaxed. "I'm calling in a favor--I think you'll like this....No really.....You do raves, right?....I want you to throw a rave, something big, make the news big. In one hour, in east L.A....Yes, but you can do it. I know you can....Even? Impress me, and I'll owe you."
Sunae looks at him shocked and confused

"A rave? Why in the highest Heavens would you want to strengthen the Words of Hardcore, Drugs and Lust?"

Then she shakes her head

"Nevermind...I don't want to know"

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 09-25-2011 at 11:07 AM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #463
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

As Zahira tries to persuade the sorcerer -- wastin' her breath on the desert air if you ask me -- Kane uses his resonance to look into the soul of DeShawn.

Great Composer, let me see deep, he prays. If there's something worthwhile in the young guy, this day may not be a total loss.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #464
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae looks at him shocked and confused

"A rave? Why in the highest Heavens would you want to strengthen the Words of Hardcore, Drugs and Lust?"

Then she shakes her head

"Nevermind...I don't want to know"
He grabs her hand, the one with the phone in it. "Corey, hang tight for about a half hour? I'm getting the demons away from the westside." He gives her a look that says Now you understand? and adds one more thing. "And if you could get a better picture of what's under that sheet please."

Corat grumbles a little, but he lifts up the sheet and photographs what's under it--a large collection of jars. Some contain herbs, powders, and animal parts, but some appear empty or opaque.

Ryuki speaks out loud. "Do I need to tell you not to open them?"

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-25-2011 at 04:34 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #465
Rocket Man

As the sword burns with a blue fire between them, Kane looks in DeShawn's eyes with ... pity. Even a little compassion.

"Son, why are you with this snake?" he asks DeShawn, nodding toward Kingman. "You're a good kid at heart. OK, you tend to forget the 'do unto others' bit when you've got a chance to get ahead, but you trust God. You wanna be part of what He's doin.

"But him? Son, if he's a saint, I'm a golden retriever puppy. His soul smells worse than a dozen stockyards, and all those sweet-soundin' words he gives you won't make a lick of difference when the end comes ... he's going over the edge and into the lava, and he'll take you with him if you let him.

"Remember what Jesus said about folks who not only won't go to Heaven, they'll try to block the door for everyone else? That's him. He'll tell you yesterday, today and tomorrow that he wants to do the right thing ... and he'll keep on telling you that after he's chained you to the rock and cut your heart out."

Old 09-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #466
ladyarcana55

Quote:
He grabs her hand, the one with the phone in it. "Corey, hang tight for about a half hour? I'm getting the demons away from the westside." He gives her a look that says Now you understand? and adds one more thing. "And if you could get a better picture of what's under that sheet please."
She nods, her face clearly showing that she's impressed.

"Corat, please keep his phone. I have a theory and I think I'll get my answer from his phone."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #467
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
As the sword burns with a blue fire between them, Kane looks in DeShawn's eyes with ... pity. Even a little compassion.

"Son, why are you with this snake?" he asks DeShawn, nodding toward Kingman. "You're a good kid at heart. OK, you tend to forget the 'do unto others' bit when you've got a chance to get ahead, but you trust God.
DeShawn listens--he's clearly cynical for his age, but he's taking you seriously all the same. He looks at Kane's sword and looks in Kane's eyes, though he never drops the jar. He presents his argument simply.

"He's got powers."
Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #468
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
"but by giving them the easy way you just put them on the path to Hell. What they needed was to see the strength inside themselves, not in deals you were making."
"I tried," Kingman answers, nearly sobbing. "I just didn't know the right thing to do. I just knew these sweet sweet ladies were coming to me as a medium, and they were crying, and I couldn't stand it. I meant well..."

Ryuki mutters, almost to himself. "The road to Hell, Kingman."

Corat swings the camera phone around, taking in the entire room. Hidden jars, books old and new, some statues out in the open and plenty more tucked into the dressing room/closet. Corat can't get to those without passing the boy in the tuxedo and the flaming sword, so he holds back a minute.

"Kane," Ryuki addresses him, then remembers who has the camera. "Tell Kane not to kill the guy. We need to find out whether he can Hear. You'll need someone to shore up those wards."
Old 09-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #469
Puck

Quote:
"No, I don't. Even the ghost is free to go."

Resonance Puck:
"No, I don't." Couldn't be further from the truth.
"Even the ghost is free to go." Technically...
"I've used it to make people happy. ..." etc. Yes, but all for a fee, and often knowingly false hope.
This was never about angels.
Mitch shakes his head sadly at the lies and moves over to Zahirah and says "He's lying, he does have someone or something still held captive. And he's twisting the truth about the other things, but you probably already guessed that."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #470
Rocket Man

Quote:
DeShawn listens--he's clearly cynical for his age, but he's taking you seriously all the same. He looks at Kane's sword and looks in Kane's eyes, though he never drops the jar. He presents his argument simply.

"He's got powers."
"Yeah," Kane agrees in a soft voice. "He does. Doesn't mean he's good. Doesn't mean he's right. Doesn't mean he's the biggest, baddest boy on the block, either."

His eyes never leave DeShawn's. "And it doesn't mean he's not going to drop you like a hot potato the minute he's decided he's squeezed everything he can out of you. Kingman's out for Kingman ... he couldn't care two spits of tobacco for DeShawn."

"Son, I know he sounds cool. I know he looks tough. Trust me. His soul is so rotten, it's probably got termites. And on this battlefield, he's a popgun -- and the tanks are coming."

"Are you gonna stay with him and get flattened? Or are you interested in something better?"

Tags
in nomine