Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-21-2018, 10:30 PM   #1
akshelton

Default Which themes work best together?

I'm looking to make a smaller mid-sized deck (compared to having 1-8 of the base) or even a comparatively sized deck without too much variations in classes and rules.

I was interested in the themes:
Pathfinder
Cthulhu
Apocalypse
Steampunk
or the new Warhammer 40k

I actually don't know anything about any of those themes or mythos.. But I'm not too concerned with that - however - I'd like to know which of these would work well together. If i were to just choose 2 or 3 to combine, which combinations would you recommend? Ones with rules and classes/races that balance well and add to each other, or just ones that seem quirky fun together.

Cthulhu interested me for its popularity, dungeons, and tentacle monsters (because of the dungeon in the base set that never seemed to matter, because we never fought anything with tentacles)

Apocalypse interested me because I heard there was a new way to win

Pathfinder looked cool, and I just like steampunk

Warhammer 40k.. The miniatures for the game were always cool, and the armored munchkins on the promo page looked pretty sweet, but I don't know what it will be like, or how it would mix with any of the others.

Also, the new side quests, red dragon inn, and foul expansions interested me. I'd be more tempted to put them in the base deck, but if you see potential with any of these themes, let me know.
akshelton is offline   Reply With Quote