Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
Disliker of the mary sue

Default Playing Kingdom hearts in Gurps

I been trying to sell the idea of gurps to my friends for awhile now, and one of the ideas that been molling in my head was the series kingdom hearts which a lot of my friends like and had played in free form rps in the setting in the past. So a couple of questions.

1. Is gurps even the right game for this setting, or should I go with something more cinimatic like hero or savage world?

2. The keyblade, I kind of split if it should be signature gear or should be stated like an intelligent weapon. I do remember one remark in the game "The child's strength is not his own." which could give the idea sora fighting prowles is more because of the weapon rather then his own limited experince in play fighting. While there is an art to keyblading, effectly sora did the first 2 games without any of the fancier tricks keyblader properly trained knew....which kind is like winning against master martial artist using only untrained street brawling.

3. Is there like a big list of disney charecter with gurp stats? it would save a lot of time on prep work if so.

4. what books should I have, I have the basic three, charecter, campaign, powers, and I also have, tactical shooting, psionics,mysteries,space,spaceship,biotech,lowtech ,infinite world, fantasy, thautmolgiy

To show a little leg work I done on my own limited experience here is my stats for the basic heartless type shadow.

5 str(-50),12dex(+40),5iq(-100),5 ht (-50) -3 SM/Advantage:Dark vision(+20)combat reflex(+15) detect( spiritual heart)(+20) doesn't breath(+20) injury tolerance diffuse(+100) shadow form(+50) unkillable 3 (achilies heel keyblade) (+135)/disadvantage: Bestial (-15) uncontrollable appiette (spiritual heart) (-15)/
total cost: +192

Last edited by Disliker of the mary sue; 08-18-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Disliker of the mary sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptations, gurps, kingdom hearts