Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-23-2018, 08:56 PM   #11
FenrisLoki

Default Re: Critique please: some perks

I like this list too. I do agree with the concern about Money detection. I also think that is full on Detect advantage.

I apparently have the Perfect Teeth perk in real life. My dental visits have always had the dentist tell me I'm wasting my money having them do anything. I just had a checkup after a decade and had almost no calc. I wouldn't do the Regrowth though. I don't think my whole teeth would regenerate, but many animals as mentioned have that.
FenrisLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:59 PM   #12
benz72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicorn View Post
The mental, supernatural etc. aren't meant to be part of the perks' names, they were supposed to be type tags like the symbols in the rulebook but the tabs I was using as separators didn't work right.
Anyway. I think you're right that Money Sense as written is basically Detect (large amounts of money). My intent with it was that the character can intuit mundane clues that someone is wealthy - noticing things like that their suit is an expensive brand, etc. How should it be rewritten to make that more explicit?
Psychedelic Visionary is made with the same principle as the Drunken Fighting perk. It's a bit abusible, but it does require some set-up to use effectively and has its downsides. Perhaps it should be restricted to only work with hallucinations caused by regular old hallucinogenic drugs, to prevent abusive combos.
How about

Pickpocket's Eye
A successful Per based Streetwise roll allows the PC to assess a potential mark's wealth level within one category (Wealthy would return anywhere from Comfortable to Very Wealthy) based on dress and manner. Normal vision penalties apply. This explicitly does NOT reveal the potential mark's ACTUAL wealth level. I'm looking at you Eliza Doolittle.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:58 PM   #13
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Facial Memory Mental

You have eidetic memory, but only for faces: you can recall what someone looks like with an unmodified IQ roll no matter how long ago or how briefly you met the person.
See "Perfect Facial Recognition" [1]; The Madness Dossier page 16

Quote:
Perfect Pitch Mental

You can always correctly identify the tone of a sound when you hear it. This doesn't give any direct bonuses to musical skills, but will make it easier to recognize a tune or play it back (if you have a suitable skill) after hearing it; it also makes it trivial to tell whether an instrument is correctly tuned. This perk fits well together with one or more levels of Musical Ability.
See "Perfect Pitch" [1]; The Madness Dossier page 16

Quote:
Perfect Teeth Physical

You never get cavities or dental calculus, and your tooth enamel regenerates faster than it wears down. Barring violent blows to the mouth or similar, you're guaranteed to have a full set of flawless teeth for your whole life.
See "Tooth Cleaners" [0]; Bio-Tech page 166

Quote:
Rich Inner Life Mental

You are never bored and suffer no psychological harm from isolation or lack of social interaction.
See "Boredom Immunity" [1]; Discworld page 93
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:06 PM   #14
Daigoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
How about

Pickpocket's Eye
A successful Per based Streetwise roll allows the PC to assess a potential mark's wealth level within one category (Wealthy would return anywhere from Comfortable to Very Wealthy) based on dress and manner. Normal vision penalties apply. This explicitly does NOT reveal the potential mark's ACTUAL wealth level. I'm looking at you Eliza Doolittle.
Nothing wrong with this write-up, I'm just not sure it needs a Perk or even a Streetwise roll. Isn't this something that normal members of society can do normally?
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dual perk, perks