Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > The Network > GURPS Vehicle Builder

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
J. L. Brown

Default BVB & GT/2e volume problems

I just downloaded my copy of GVB from e23, and thought I'd take it for a quick spin. After utterly failing to make the design I had in mind, I thought I'd read the manual & do one of the example designs (brilliant idea including those, BTW). Page 15 of the Quick Start Guide has a TL10 Armed Beowulf freetrader as an example, and since I'm currently focused on Traveller I thought that was perfect.

I noticed my troubles shortly after step 7... the maneuver drives seemed to take up too many dTons. When step 8b said 'Leave the jump at one, as this is all a Beowulf has Notice GVB sets the proper tonnage to four. Press OK.' and I got 6 dTons, I got worried. My jump fuel tanks also ended up taking one and a half times the normal volume. Going back and checking all of the components, this seemed to be a common theme.

I have gotten up through step 16 of the example, and saved it. I'd like to know what I have done wrong. I can send the saved GVB file.

On a related note, I'd like to duplicate the modular cutter; how would I go about creating an 'Intrinsic Coupling'? Thanks in advance for any help!
J. L. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote