Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 12-06-2019, 01:12 AM   #1
tbone

Default Dungeon Fantasy Companion 2

Well. For a product that reportedly fell short of business objectives at launch, Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game keeps growing its product line.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2703269

Let the speculation begin! What does that Companion 2 cover suggest as its mystery content?

More magic items, I'll bet. That looks like a given.

And that minotaur . . . More monsters? No, not based on that particular image; minotaurs are already in Monsters. Maybe a nice labyrinth adventure? Wait, I know. More PC races ported over from the DL line! (??)

And the scarlet-tressed elf (?) with owl . . . Hm, animal allies??

What other portents can be divined by the oracles of this forum?

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:56 AM   #2
Harald387

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Companion 2

The gimmes:
-The 16 pages that were written for Magic Items 2 but didn't get printed due to missing the stretch goal.
-The 12 pages that were written for Monsters 2 but didn't get printed due to missing the stretch goal.

What I hope to see:
-New content, not recycled DF content. While I grok that there's going to be some recycling going on (if only to make the effort to introduce the DF stuff to the DFRPG-only audience), one of the best parts of the DFRPG line has been the proliferation of all-new, high-quality stuff that Sean has been putting out and I'd like to see more of it.
GP: How can that be?
M2: I don't know man, I didn't do it.
Harald387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
Dalin

Just beyond the elf-with-the-owl is an opening to some sort of impressionistic landscape. Mountains? Forest? Elemental plane of mud? Clearly a new campaign setting with dungeons galore.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:58 PM   #4
tbone

SJG posted a teaser: https://twitter.com/SJGames/status/1204766806071808001

Looks like the book's going to offer delver-types built as high-level villains. Which means a new type of published "monster". All-new content (not recycled from DF). And more character designs (I always like Sean's designs), offering glimpses of really high-level builds.

(I'm not sure that the minotaur knight is actually a villain, though, as it looks like he was falsely accused of crimes. Maybe he's a sympathetic villain, or a potential partner?)

Anyway. Magic items, villains . . . and maybe the stretch goal monsters from Monsters 2? Or maybe something else, or maybe it's not even a three-section book.

Looking forward to your next teasers, SJG –

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:12 AM   #5
philreed
I do stuff and things.

To receive email notification when the project launches, please click the "notify me" button on this page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...wered-by-gurps
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #6
Black Leviathan

It's be nice of the elf with the owl is allusion to some detailed familiar rules or perhaps a Beastmaster class of some sort.
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:04 AM   #7
Bruno

I'm intrigued if the druid will have PC-usable rules for shapeshifting. Of course we already have the werewolf for mechanics, but no way to access it :)

Shapeshifting is a bear of a problem though, no pun intended.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:30 AM   #8
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Shapeshifting is a bear of a problem though, no pun intended.
I for one am not taking this pun lion down!

I'm using this opportunity to hawk the GURPS 4th Dungeon Fantasy 5 Allies book which has all the rules a budding DFRPG GM needs for his Druid shapeshifting PCs. I guarantee it's contents will be greedily wolfed down by all those playing Druids, Wizards, Clerics, Holy Warriors, and anyone who can talk the GM into letting them have an animal companion (Barbarians and Scouts with Animal Handling, Thieves with trained pets, Knights and their mounts, etc).
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #9
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
...book which has all the rules a budding DFRPG GM needs...
Fowl! Er, foul! That’s a plant pun.

(Hm: do we need a giant slime-mold or mobile Venus fly-trap for an icky druid or vegetal wizard...?)
Old 12-14-2019, 12:38 PM   #10
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
(Hm: do we need a giant slime-mold or mobile Venus fly-trap for an icky druid or vegetal wizard...?)
YES!

We really do need a Plants and You book for DF/DFRPG. DF has DF Monsters 2 Icky Goo already, which when paired with DF 5 Allies goes a long way to Black Puddin pets...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote