Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #41
Peter V. Dell'Orto
Fightin' Round the World

Default Re: [DF] DF13 - Loadouts Errata thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha View Post
You need as good a base as possible so as to not risk injury and increase the lifting weight.
This, and the rest of Z's post. Getting underneath a barbell with the heaviest weight you can, with squishy shoes, is a recipe for disaster. I avoid ankle support personally, though, as I compete without ankle support and need to train to compensate.

Plus the MT101s have awesome grip on fake turf, and I often have to push or pull heavy weighted sleds on fake turf.

Anyway, the DF loadouts made me realize including shoes in the 2# weight for ordinary clothing is really generous. I'll try to get my friend (who only wears boots or moccasins) to weigh his moccasins.
My S&C Blog
My Dungeon Fantasy Game Blog
"You fall onto five death checks." - Andy Dokachev
Peter V. Dell'Orto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #42
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadkiller_Dog View Post
Anyway, the DF loadouts made me realize including shoes in the 2# weight for ordinary clothing is really generous. I'll try to get my friend (who only wears boots or moccasins) to weigh his moccasins.
Low Tech errata changed the weight of ordinary clothing for Low Tech era stuff to 4# IIRC. But since Loadouts isn't using ANYTHING from LT, as does nothing else from DF, it would be beyond peculiar to bring in the LT stats just for clothing.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #43
Peter V. Dell'Orto
Fightin' Round the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Low Tech errata changed the weight of ordinary clothing for Low Tech era stuff to 4# IIRC. But since Loadouts isn't using ANYTHING from LT, as does nothing else from DF, it would be beyond peculiar to bring in the LT stats just for clothing.
It's easy enough in my own games to say "Ordinary Clothing doesn't include shoes" and be done with it.

Players foolish enough to walk around without DR on their feet will figure out why quickly. :)
My S&C Blog
My Dungeon Fantasy Game Blog
"You fall onto five death checks." - Andy Dokachev
Peter V. Dell'Orto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #44
Davies

Not so much an error as something that was overlooked. According to the description of the Chi Mastery power modifier, martial artists have to pay double for rations, and yet this is not reflected in their loadouts when it would have been fairly easy to add the cost of a second set of rations and a note indicating that they were paying double in this manner.
Davies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, errata, kromm answer, loadouts