Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-12-2018, 07:48 AM   #261
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Will the stuff from Chaosium and Judges Guild, now that's a blast from the past, be included on the website or will they be exclusive to the TFT Companion?
We have no plans to post that material to the website.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #262
larsdangly

I'm assuming all the stuff published in Interplay is off limits for Metagaming IP reasons? I have it all anyway, but if it were available it would be nice to have bound together in one volume with the other things you are finding/creating. But, I suspect that one will never happen...
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #263
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
I'm assuming all the stuff published in Interplay is off limits for Metagaming IP reasons?
Correct. We do not have access to that material.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #264
CardDiceian

I've just had to create a new Warehouse 23 account - (I can't seem to get access to my old one at all, no idea where the emails are ending up etc)

so my account my have a different email address to my Kickstarter one. Will that be a problem we can resolve?

Thanks
CardDiceian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:18 PM   #265
JLV

Just broke the $200K goal! This is great for two reasons -- one, moar megahexes! And two, we just passed the 1000% funded mark! A sort of significant milestone, if you ask me.

We're also sitting pretty at 2309 backers, which is excellent.

On the downside, today was our absolute worst day of the Kickstarter so far -- only 20 new backers and only about $1600 more to the total. Hopefully we'll do better tomorrow. In other news, we're up to 266 "favs" on Melee, which is quite an improvement over yesterday! ;-)

---

Finally, I did some figuring, and in order to get what comes in the Legacy box if you were to buy it all separately (from, say, Warehouse 23 or your local FLGS) the components would be about $123 instead of the $60 we're paying. (Two notes: one, this assumes that everything COULD be purchased that way -- we currently have no way of knowing if that's going to be the case; and two, it's not totally accurate because you'd wind up with three each of the small character pads for Melee and Wizard, but it should be close enough; the purists among you can knock $6.67 off the price for an absolute comparison...)

To build an IWIA from parts would mean $123 for the basic package, plus $103 for the extras that come with the IWIA pledge, for a total of $223 for the complete package.

Why is this important? Tell your friends that if they want to get an absolute bargain, they should back the Kickstarter now, since they'll be getting all the stuff at less than half the price for all the actual components (whether they back at Legacy Edition or the IWIA level) -- if it's even possible to get all the stuff after the fact!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:35 AM   #266
DarkPumpkin

Yes, a very slow day on the KS...hopefully the lull before building up to a big finish. The data analyst in me is pretty fascinated by the various projections on Kicktraq, and comparisons with other Kickstarters past and present. But what it boils down to, is to get the word out! Let's take this past $300k!
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #267
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPumpkin View Post
Yes, a very slow day on the KS...
That's not uncommon in the middle of a project. We have reached the stage where the real work begins; constant promotion for over 30 days is not easy and our team deserved a weekend to unwind.

Now that Monday is here, we'll return to promoting the game and try to raise awareness of the project. In my experience, it is impossible to reach _everyone_ who is interested; I am certain that one day after the project closes, someone will contact us and say "I just heard of this and how do I get it?"
Old 08-13-2018, 06:04 AM   #268
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardDiceian View Post
so my account my have a different email address to my Kickstarter one. Will that be a problem we can resolve?
That shouldn't be a problem at all. We will ask for your W23 email address after the project closes.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:12 AM   #269
CardDiceian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
That's not uncommon in the middle of a project. We have reached the stage where the real work begins; constant promotion for over 30 days is not easy and our team deserved a weekend to unwind.
Quite a few of us have been shouting, and sometimes loudly whispering about #TheFantasyTrip #Melee #Wizard over on Facebook and Twitter.

Others have been talking about it over on Boardgame Geek & RPGGeek.

Anything YOU can do to help flag it up to anybody new is a bonus. - Don't worry if you only have 20-30 followers compared to someone else who has hundreds or thousands - After all, letting 20 NEW people know about it is better than telling 1,000 people who have already backed it.

Share eye-catching images - Talk about how much fun it is, how easy it is to pick up. - Share the interviews that @SJGames have been posting (not just click the like) - Every little bit, really does help.

I have created a list on Twitter of people supporting /involved with TFT - Feel free to use it in any way that helps promote it.

https://twitter.com/Caesar_Models/li...e-fantasy-trip

Feel free to connect on Twitter too - I'm more than happy to burble on about stuff - especially The Fantasy Trip. :)
CardDiceian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:50 AM   #270
kbs666

Looking over the Kicktraq numbers, which by now have firmed up pretty well, they projecting something on the order of $285kUS with a high end of around $300kUS. That's pretty good for Microgame #3 brought back from dead.

Also good to hear SJG is going to punch the megahexes to save weight that Legacy box has got to be getting heavy and a 4th panel for the GM screen and 2 posters looming on the horizon certainly won't be cutting the shipping cost any.
kbs666 is offline   Reply With Quote