Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #1
Erling

Default Effects of crippling injury and Lame disadvantage

I need some help with matching B421 (Effects of crippling injury) and B141 (Lame) rules to each other.

Crippling injury to the leg/Lame (Missing Legs)
Attack
B421: you can still fight if you assume a sitting or lying posture.
B141: -6 to all skills which require using your legs (I assume melee attacks are included).

Should -6 stack with posture attack modifier? Or maybe posture modifier should override -6 penalty, or vice versa?
Can someone with Lame (Missing Legs) attack balancing on one leg or leaning on something? If yes, is it -6 modifier mentioned above or there must be some additional penalty? Or he can only attack from sitting of lying posture as B421 has a specific rule?

Move
B421: you can still fight if you assume a sitting or lying posture.
B141: using crutches or a peg leg, you can stand up and walk slowly. You must reduce Basic Move to 2.

Am I right assuming that Basic Move 2 is to be applied only when using a crutch/peg leg, as sitting allows no movement, and lying allows only 1 yard/second?

Crippling injury to the foot/Lame (Crippled Legs)
Attack
B421: You can still fight if you brace yourself against a wall. If you have nothing to lean on, you may assume a kneeling or sitting posture.
B141: You are at -3 to use any skill that requires the use of your legs, including
all Melee Weapon and unarmed combat skills.

When -3 modifier is to be applied - only when leaning on a wall or when kneeling/sitting as well? If latest variant is right, should it stack with posture modifier? Or maybe posture modifier should override -3 penalty, or vice versa?
Can someone with Lame (Crippled Legs) fight balancing on one leg? If yes, is it -3 modifier mentioned above or there must be some additional penalty?

Move
B421: You cannot stand or walk without a crutch or something to lean on.
B141: You must reduce your Basic Move to half your Basic Speed (round
down).

When halved Move is to be applied - only when using crutch/leaning on a wall or when kneeling as well? If latest variant is right, should this penalty stack with kneeling movement modifier (Move × 1/3 × 1/2)? Or maybe posture movement modifier should override halved Move (I guess so)?
Erling is offline   Reply With Quote