Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
Beoferret

Default Winning hearts and minds to DFRPG?

Hey everyone. I've been really happy with my DF boxed set and am about to run "I Smell a Rat" with my family (wife and two kids). And I've been pretty happy to read the reviews that came in early on. But, there don't seem to have been that many. Plus, I haven't really noticed much publicity for the game overall - granted, I'm not spending a huge amount of time looking at every gaming community's website. Honestly, I was expecting a little more buzz, especially since the past month or so would have been a great time to "raise awareness" - what with that gift-giving day fast approaching and all. So, my questions for both SJG folks and everyone who enjoys the game are:
1) What have you done to introduce people to the game and to win it the attention we all probably think it deserves? What more could be done?
2) What are the best venues and means of introducing people to the game, e.g. is it better to post another review in ENworld or on RPGnet? Or is holding an introduction to the game (ala a convention-style session) at one's local gaming store, the way to go (how does one go about that anyways)?
3) How have newbies to DFRPG, especially those with no experience with GURPS, responded to it?
4) To what extent should we emphasize the connections with GURPS, when conducting outreach/marketing?

What I've done so far: posted a fairly extensive review on Amazon.com; attempted outreach to one of the Geekdad writers, who'd written about the DFRPG Kickstarter, to see if he'd be reviewing it; and showed the set to a) the workers at a local store (only the one with GURPS experience was really excited), and b) a group of friends who were only moderately interested (they were deeply wary of the GURPS connection.)
Beoferret is offline   Reply With Quote