Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #11
Jason

Default Re: Getting rid of a bomb...

Nice ones! But it would be a sad Servitor of Dreams indeed who would need to resort to dissonantly performing a celestial Song. ;)
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #12
Azel

And then there's all those lowly Skills:

Acrobatics - run the risk of quickly scrambling and dumping the bomb somewhere less dangerous, such as the roof or back parking lot.

Electronics - filed under "other nuisances"... disarm the bomb.

Tactics - how to manage "fewer than 30" people safely out of a bank branch in under a minute.

Throwing - here I'd adjudicate using Str instead of Agi or Pre. Chuck the bomb far enough away atop the roof or empty lot or straight up into the air (watch that timing!).

I don't know if I'd worry as much about the disturbance for destroyed things. If you have things under control and its the Belialite's bomb (therefore its disturbance) then it could help you. It'd likely flush out other celestials (or ethereals, or celestially aware humans)... and if the Balseraph was still alive, could easily be used as a threat that you'd hand the offender over to the nearest Dominican or Asmodean authority (or whoever would inspire the greatest fear)! The "celestial police" have wonderful gadgets to keep a hold upon prisoners...
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #13
Whitelaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Nice ones! But it would be a sad Servitor of Dreams indeed who would need to resort to dissonantly performing a celestial Song. ;)
ROFL! Shows how long it's been since I've had a Servitor of Dreams in a game! Nice catch.
Whitelaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #14
Phoenix42

You forgot a skill (in Gurps IN, anyway) - Explosive Ordnance Disposal. Just defuse the damn thing and have done with it ^^

And anyway, a classic bomb defusal scene? Seriously, why munchkin your way around that one? But if you wanted to, and if you have an Eliite on you, you could go with Uncommon Sense and he could just *know* which of those wires to cut. Or give it to an Ofanite (preferably of Gabriel) to carry away, a fast Ofanite can do about 80-100 yards a second, so that could take it out of harm's way...

Incidentally, I can second the bit about the vessels. My group shot a demon of Valefor with an LAW (Which surely has more bam than some homemade C4, even made by a Belial servitor) and I rolled damage just for laughs, and the bastard survived - which turned out worse for him because he was unconscious at like -150 HP, so they dragged him to the nearest Tether and killed him celestially...

Last edited by Phoenix42; 08-09-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: addendum
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tips