Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 07-29-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
darksaba

Default Night Music location

Is there any particular reason that Night Music is set in Austin? could the adventure and plot seeds be transfered lock stock and barrel to another city without much trouble? Specifically somewhere in Europe - my group finds America an unfamiliar place to play as none of us have ever been there.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
JCD

Default Re: Night Music location

Night Music was set in Austin because Steve Jackson Games is set in Austin. Research is much easier when you can stroll somewhere for lunch to check on the details.

As far as transfering to Europe...with total unfamiliarity with Europe, I'd select somewhere like Amsterdam or Switzerland for the "neutrality" aspects. William of Orange (or William the Silent if you prefer) could easily replace Austin as the Saint of the City, albeit with a slightly more militant role.

If you prefer someplace more local, I'd select one of the more famous "market towns", using one of the local historical figures as Stephen Austin.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
Sagitta

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaba
could the adventure and plot seeds be transfered lock stock and barrel to another city without much trouble?
I'm sure it could, just change the map, the locations, the armament of random mundane bystanders, and the precise style of music. On the assumption you're going to be fleshing out some European city or other anyway, it won't be much extra work. But please, please don't have a local dignitary regularly possessed by a demon of Death. Just in case.
Sagitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
Dalillama

I was going to transplant the setup entirely to Portland, all I'd need to change would be the names of the locations.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
spiritbear

I would imagine that various people would enjoy giving you ideas for Tethers and the like if you'd care to tell us which city/area you were planning to use...
spiritbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

To me, Vienna seemed like a natural location for the "city where opposing sides find ways to cut a deal." After all, it basically served that purpose in every other Cold War spy drama.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
Phoenix42

I was considering Koblenz on the Rhine for my campaign... anyone have setting ideas? (This must be the furthest shot in a long time...)
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure