Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
Ragabash Moon

Default Spending ER to heal HP?

So, is there any way to spend ER to heal HP? Even with costs fatigue, regeneration is still super expensive.

The character in question recharges her ER with Damage Resistance (Limited:Heat/Fire Absorbtion (healing only)) which lets her heal at the time she's taking damage, but once she puts that into her ER, can she move it back to HP in any way?

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.
Ragabash Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Spending ER to heal HP?

Not without another advantage like Healing or Regeneration.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
Flyndaran
Untagged

I think it's still cheaper to buy actual Hit Points and tack on some kind of odd limitation that they only count when traded for ER post injury.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragabash Moon View Post
So, is there any way to spend ER to heal HP? Even with costs fatigue, regeneration is still super expensive.

The character in question recharges her ER with Damage Resistance (Limited:Heat/Fire Absorbtion (healing only)) which lets her heal at the time she's taking damage, but once she puts that into her ER, can she move it back to HP in any way?
Hmmm. Were this in my campaign, I'd say a +100% version of Cosmic ought to do the trick (and at the same ratios as for Absorption). Maybe +50% - you'd have to playtest it to be sure.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!

Last edited by Christopher R. Rice; 10-24-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #5
Ragabash Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Not without another advantage like Healing or Regeneration.
Hmm yeah I was thinking about Healing, but it doesn't affect her unless she takes Affects Self... and there is no "Self Only" although, being able to heal others wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing... Toss on Empathic Healing and Affects Self, so she could heal others in emergencies, but wouldn't do so very often. Doesn't say they are mutually exclusive (just says Capped doesn't work with Empathic) Cause Regeneration to heal 1:1 ratio is over 3x the cost of Healing without any modifier.

EDIT: Okay, Healing with Empathic and Affects Self is what I went with, that way she can heal others if she needs to. Justification? Super/Psionics. (In my campaign world, I'm using the "Super and Psionics is the same" idea and just making everything psionic somehow. The source of all powers is a mysterious extraterrestrial mineral, kind of ala Smallville haha :P)

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.

Last edited by Ragabash Moon; 10-24-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Ragabash Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #6
Flyndaran
Untagged

Regeneration with requires skill roll and costs Ft, ER only, possibly taken as an alternate ability to Healing would be the cheapest R.A.W. method I can imagine.