Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #251
Skullcrusher

Default Re: [IC] The Marching Storm

As Godfry approaches Duncan gives a slight bow,"Greetings cousin, come to join the party." He gives a grin. When Raphael asks for assistance Duncan waves some of his men over and they help by moving to the pew. He looks down the hole. Duncan says,"I will take my cohorts (OOC: 10 in all) and 20 more mercs into the hole. The rest will stay behind under Godfreys comand." Looking at Godfrey before he enters the hole."Dear cousin would you be so kind as to send some more soldiers to reinforce Ezrael and his men at the rear of the Manor?" He winks at his cousin and grabs a lit torch, poking it down the hole as he enters.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #252
Lamech

(Assuming Godfrey's men do in fact arrive, if not ignore.)
When Ezreal see's the men he runs over.
"I assume we have gotten Raphael's help then? No movement from the manor as far as I could tell. Of course magic makes everything difficult. So what's the plan?
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #253
Harry O'Gane

The tunnel reeks of stale, damp air as you go into it. You climb down via stony stairs, only to end up in something that looks like a mine shaft. The walls are stony in the beginning, but as the tunnel goes on, the stone fades and the walls start to become earthen.

The tunnel itself is about 3 yards in width, enough for two grown-up men to stand one by another. The ceiling is pretty low, though, a bit less than 2 yards, which makes it difficult to progress through it slowly. Grok has the biggest problem maneuvering here, since he almost has to crouch to walk properly here.

As you progress, it feels as though air is even more damp and stale, and pretty thin, as well. The more you walk, the harder it is to breathe. The heavy armor doesn't help.

(OOC: Sry for being offline so long, had to catch up with some IRL stuff.)
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #254
Epic Kobold

For fear of getting stuck, Grok takes up the rear.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #255
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
The tunnel reeks of stale, damp air as you go into it. You climb down via stony stairs, only to end up in something that looks like a mine shaft. The walls are stony in the beginning, but as the tunnel goes on, the stone fades and the walls start to become earthen.

The tunnel itself is about 3 yards in width, enough for two grown-up men to stand one by another. The ceiling is pretty low, though, a bit less than 2 yards, which makes it difficult to progress through it slowly. Grok has the biggest problem maneuvering here, since he almost has to crouch to walk properly here.

As you progress, it feels as though air is even more damp and stale, and pretty thin, as well. The more you walk, the harder it is to breathe. The heavy armor doesn't help.

(OOC: Sry for being offline so long, had to catch up with some IRL stuff.)

Duncan signals the group to thalt and they rest for a a moment then continue on. He repeats this until they get to their destination.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #256
Lamech

When Ezreal figures out that the others are going in he runs to the trap door to join them, first telling the men to keep the exit guarded though. (Since he has move 8, and the others are going slow he should catch them.)

When he finds them he whispers, "I think I should take point. I'm pretty sure I'm the best for sneaking into a fortified location while looking for traps."

OOC: Ezreal has observation 12, perception 11, and stealth 14 for when those skills become important. And Harry should probably just roll them otherwise stuff would be given away.
Hiriko
Andrew
Old 09-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #257
Skullcrusher

Duncan says to Ezreal,"Lead the way my friend."

Old 09-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #258
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Duncan says to Ezreal,"Lead the way my friend."
Ezreal moves to the front, and begins to sneak forward, when he sees an area is clear he signals the others forward.
Hiriko
Andrew
Old 09-16-2011, 03:34 AM   #259
Harry O'Gane

(OOC: Another busy week, another scarcity of free time.)

As Ezrael advances, he doesn't notice anything significant beside the fact that these tunnels are indeed ancient. The construction holding them looks shabby, and if anyone big enough would accidentally hit them, this thing just might even collapse.

It is a long trip. After about 15 minutes, everybody has trouble breathing. As if there is no air at all.

(OOC: Roll your HT rolls. Whoever fails by more than 2 falls unconscious die to lack of air)

---

There is absolutely no movement around the manor. Fharin assembled the troops and is standing ready at the point where the arrows last hit.
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:32 AM   #260
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
(OOC: Another busy week, another scarcity of free time.)

As Ezrael advances, he doesn't notice anything significant beside the fact that these tunnels are indeed ancient. The construction holding them looks shabby, and if anyone big enough would accidentally hit them, this thing just might even collapse.

It is a long trip. After about 15 minutes, everybody has trouble breathing. As if there is no air at all.

(OOC: Roll your HT rolls. Whoever fails by more than 2 falls unconscious die to lack of air)

---

There is absolutely no movement around the manor. Fharin assembled the troops and is standing ready at the point where the arrows last hit.
OOC: Invisible Castle has been down most of the week. Can you suggest another program?

Tags
banestorm, caithess, civil war, mass combat, yrth