Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-11-2018, 07:59 AM   #171
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

Michael is walking down the path when a flash of rolling fire comes down the path towards him. It feels much like an illusion, and it comes from where he's going, not where he came from.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:24 PM   #172
Friendpmcii

Michael moves/dodges out of the fires way, but otherwise does not move forward. Some none verbal communication just does not need words. Instead he just stands there waiting a good 10 min, though after the first 2min he sits down. Carefully putting things down and out of the way till he has just his clothes. Wonder if I will seem peaceful.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:26 AM   #173
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The fire parts around his body and continues on. There is a pause, and he can see a sarmag ahead of him. Then he is engulfed by more fire. After five cycles of this, the giant mollusk floats towards him, tentacles extended.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-18-2018, 07:47 PM   #174
Friendpmcii

Guess that means I'm magic proof, that's good to know. I'm not so sure that after 5 times he's given up on removing me. I examine how strong those tentacles are, and if there's anything behind it.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:01 AM   #175
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Michael looks on calmly, and gets a clear view of the creature. Its truely enormous, wider than a bedroom. Michael vaguely wonders how this thing compares with a whale. There are 6 tentacles, perhaps about 15 feet long each. He spots the eyes, bulging out from the shell at the sides of the tentacles. The shell looks a great deal like that of a clam: thick, apparently hinged, and with ridges. The creatures doesn't touch the ground, but floats towards him through the air, much like the rocks floating in the sky.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:35 PM   #176
Friendpmcii

Michael trys to think and doesn't think there was an issue with them strangling people, still something to be careful of though. Michael keeps his torch, just in case, and reaches out a hand towards it in a like jesture.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:29 AM   #177
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The creature does not slow down as it approaches him, and a tentacle goes past him, then starts to wrap around him...

Note: he has a lantern, not a torch.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:38 PM   #178
Friendpmcii

Michael holds the lantern above him. This doesn't seem like I planned. Hope this thing can break easily. Michael uses his off hand to lightly push the tentacle away.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:56 AM   #179
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

his hand is utterly insufficient. His breath is knocked away as the tentacle wraps around his body, and the momentum of the creature accelerates him. He also starts to move towards one wall, but then he is pulled back.

The creatures grip is to tight, and Michael can't breathe well. The thing just holds him, looking at him with the eye on one side of its body. It doesn't hold him too steady, and he sways back and forth with its grip.

Old 09-29-2018, 06:48 AM   #180
Friendpmcii

From the years of psychological training Michael knows there are a few emotions which are universal across culture: Hate, sadness, and happiness. He had issues understanding people and spent his years studying people and there nonverbal behaviour. And the actions seem to all follow toward the one conclusion... Hate. If I don't act you will kill me.

Michael sheds a tear as he thinks about what he is about to do, I'm sorry, unless something changes within the allotted time, Michael shatters the lantern against the creacter aiming for the top but away from most of the shell. Using the edge of the shell, if possible, to help break the lantern and also provide entrance into what is most likely the weakest part of the creature for the fire to engulf. He then backs away to watch and wait for whatever opportunity there is to help the fire. Grabbing something sharp if able, if the only thing sharp is glass He takes off the shirt to work it as a glove.

Tags
lost in dreams