Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 11-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #31
JimTullis

Default Re: The most efficient body type RE: fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
Thanks,
That was interesting. It's a bit different than what I was imagining. I was still looking at having the majority of the suspension (shocks, etc) being part of the chassis, and just putting the motor and brake components in the wheels.

I'm still convinced you would need some more suspension components on the chassis, but having a bit of extra paly in the wheels looks nice too.
JimTullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #32
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTullis View Post
Thanks,
That was interesting. It's a bit different than what I was imagining. I was still looking at having the majority of the suspension (shocks, etc) being part of the chassis, and just putting the motor and brake components in the wheels.

I'm still convinced you would need some more suspension components on the chassis, but having a bit of extra paly in the wheels looks nice too.
Oh, no doubt -- in fact, one of the problems of wheel motors is all that weight being in the wheel itself does Bad Things to handling. Ideally, one keeps to a minimum the amount of stuff not mounted to the body/chassis/etc.

Side-note to the whole "gasburners and lasers" debate: Before the Official Ruling, we assumed a gallon of gas had 25 "power units" in it -- using lasers was supposed to be deleterious to range, so we figured a laser-heavy gasburner's alternator would be getting a workout, and that would deplete the fuel supply swiftly.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #33
Suncrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
Oh, no doubt -- in fact, one of the problems of wheel motors is all that weight being in the wheel itself does Bad Things to handling. Ideally, one keeps to a minimum the amount of stuff not mounted to the body/chassis/etc.
It's more about keeping things to a happy medium. A high unsprung weight is important.
Suncrush is offline   Reply With Quote