Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2017, 08:24 PM   #30
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: wordbound NPCS and overdoing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenitentDemon View Post
Hmmn the letters probaly under Judgement, but the act of privateering is probaly under the wind.

Oh the Angel of Patriotism is probaly a Malakim of the Sword and the demon of Jingoism is probaly a Habbahlite... Not sure if its under Factions or Baal

Oh another Thing? Who you think Halloween would be under?

Kobal? Nybass? Haagenti?Beleth? So many possibletys.
The last handful of decades has seen Halloween change (at least in North America) into a commercialized event with little-to-no connection with the sacred event that preceded All Saints' Day. Mass merchandising, tie-ins to the popular children's characters of the year, the push that you have to take part... all hallmarks of The Media, I'd say.

Not Beleth, not any more. It's a sanitized and kid-friendly event nowadays, with nightmares strictly prohibited.

EDIT: The Mexican "Day of the Dead", on the other hand, is all about family and respect for the dead. If we knew more about the Archangel of Death, I might put that holiday under his care... but, for now, I'd be tempted to give it to Novalis.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
theories, word-bound