Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2019, 12:42 PM   #11
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
No, such a system would be about controlling the hex, not about getting bonuses to attack.
Feints/Beats great penalties to active defenses of those you target OR penalties to hit you (defensive variant) but can't give a bonus to hit.

The closest to that is you can more freely use Telegraphic for a +4 to hit since you're less worried about that +2 to defend.

Quote:
You could make a system where swordplay is treated as a grapple, with "weapon control points" being added up and spent to try and hit, but that's a different kettle of fish and a rather ambitious project.
I could've sworn I came across someone doing that in a GURPS blog already but I forget where. The grappling aspect of weapon combat seems really valuable in expanding how parrying/blocking works though, what with the locking swords / presses being a pretty interesting part of many cinematic sword fights.

Quote:
He has his defense bonus to keep him happy. And a defensive slam is a particularly weird attack.
I figure it's just like a half-committed sort of thing when you keep most of your focus on defending.

I'm talking about rolls to hit nearby targets in general, not specifically slams.

Quote:
I think there is a little of both "you don't get bonuses to hit the immobile guy" and "they get a dodge".
Er, in the 1st did you mean you don't get penalties to hit immobile guy?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote