Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
TJA

Default Movie "Immortals"

How much ST will be required to smash heads and bodies on such a scale as the gods from Olympus?

The force seems to be great enough, so that hit location does not matter - and physical condition on the opponent too.

Maybe 20 * 6 = 120 ~ 35d with a swinging crushing weapon.
So, ST 320 seems to be OK ...

Watching Zeus to destroy the temple of the Titans seems to support that.

Other ideas?

Last edited by TJA; 11-12-2011 at 02:21 PM.
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Maz

Default Re: Movie "Immortals"

Hit location always matter as limbs and extremities have a cap to the damage you can deal to them. If I have 10 HP it doesn't matter if you deal 6 or 350 to it, I still only lose 6 HP.

Other than that I can't help as I haven't seen the movie... hadn't even heard of it before googling it just now.
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
TJA

Default Re: Movie "Immortals"

Now ...

There are heads and spines and torsos that are instantly changed into flying pulp, minced meat and little pieces of bone.

Read "Hulk uses full ST against human bodies, equiped with a block of solid iron like a truck engine or so", but just much faster - maybe 10 attacks per second. Infact, it is gods from ancient Greece doing so (Zeus, ...)

Everything just splatters.

And yes, mostly head and spine.

Edit: The movie is called "Krieg der Götter" in german - "war of the gods" translated. Maybe in your country, the name is different from "Immortals" too?

Last edited by TJA; 11-13-2011 at 06:37 AM.
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote