Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 01-17-2019, 08:23 AM   #21
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Adventures - Now on Kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
. . . Announcements email listserv that old grognards like myself could sign up for. These would send out news related to whichever game the particular list covers. So you could have one for TFT, one for Ogre, etc, and folks could sign up for ever how many they like. But that tech might be too retrograde nowadays.
That is a lot of extra work for almost no return. We do have an email newsletter:

https://sjgames.us8.list-manage.com/...&id=ca062702ff
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:41 AM   #22
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
That is a lot of extra work for almost no return.
Yah, I suspected as much, hence my qualification of the suggestion. Not many places use listservs anymore, social media has superseded it. I admin'd a few of them back in the day, and even then they were a pain in the tuchus.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #23
Buzzardo

Quote:
So that we can improve our communications.

* Did you not receive a Kickstarter update that included info on the Adventures campaign?
* Do you follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter?
* How often do you visit this forum?

We continue to hear from players who missed out on the Adventures campaign, and we want to plug as many of the communication holes as we can. With that in mind -- and anyone is free to answer -- what is the best way for us to notify you of new TFT projects?

Thanks!
Email gets my attention. The email notifications from Kickstarter work for me. I do have one concern, though: When you had Warehouse23 launch the TFT Adventures KS project, I found out about it only because SJG backed it, and I got a notification from KS about that. That's one more link in the chain of possible failures than I like.

I am signed for the Ogre news. Does TFT have a similar news mailing?

Other than that, I generally check these forums at least daily, so announcing the KS projects here works, too.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #24
JLV

My $0.02: Definitely post a new thread here (as you did), and definitely continue to send out updates from previous Kickstarters. Plus, Daily Illuminator announcements when a new Kickstarter is launching (again you did this) -- preferably the same day the launch occurs, with link to the project.

I would note in passing that the communications issues on this one were probably exacerbated by the fact that it was launched via Warehouse23 (a new account) as opposed to the standard Steve Jackson account that everyone with an interest in these things was following. Personally, now that I'm following both, I don't expect to miss any announcements on Kickstarter in the future (I was late to this one thanks to that, and to a gratuitous update by Yahoo that put anything from Kickstarter into my spam folder). So hopefully other folks also followed Warehouse23 and the problem won't be as bad next time around.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:33 AM   #25
Mallen the dark

Quote:
So that we can improve our communications.

* Did you not receive a Kickstarter update that included info on the Adventures campaign?
I think the problem with notification about this project was that it was the first by warehouse23.
Mallen the dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:19 PM   #26
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallen the dark View Post
I think the problem with notification about this project was that it was the first by warehouse23.
Did you not receive updates to the Legacy Edition project (last year's campaign) that included info about Adventures?

We do not have a TFT mailing list. Multiple mailing lists makes life complicated; we're not a big team and some of us are already so overloaded that we're drowning in responsibilities. More mailing lists makes us cry.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:29 PM   #27
JLV

Quote:
Did you not receive updates to the Legacy Edition project (last year's campaign) that included info about Adventures?

We do not have a TFT mailing list. Multiple mailing lists makes life complicated; we're not a big team and some of us are already so overloaded that we're drowning in responsibilities. More mailing lists makes us cry.
Phil, I think the real issue here is that people didn't pay much attention to the nuts and bolts (even though you DID tell us about the change to the Warehouse23 account), and that changed the usual 10% who didn't get the word in a timely fashion into something probably closer to 25%. The bottom line is that I think this is largely self-correcting over the next few Warehouse23 Kickstarters since the word will get out and people will take steps to make sure they are following Warehouse23 too. I don't think you really need to take any additional steps (like new mailing lists or anything) as long as you keep doing what you did for this one in all the same places. And of course, those of us who have friends interested in a particular game will continue to inform of new Kickstarters, I'm sure...

Question, though: I see in your BGG post on the Pocket Box kickstarter that you say it will be through the Steve Jackson Games account instead of Warehouse23. Or is that me mis-reading what you said there?
Old 01-17-2019, 04:06 PM   #28
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Pocket Box will be through the main account and not the Warehouse 23 account. The Pocket Box games (maybe not all, but some) will be offered to distributors in the future.

The best way to understand the separation:

* Steve Jackson Games - Account used for items we plan to take to wider distribution.
* Warehouse 23 - More limited items that will not be offered to distributors.

Last edited by philreed; 01-17-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:00 PM   #29
JLV

Quote:
Pocket Box will be through the main account and not the Warehouse 23 account. The Pocket Box games (maybe not all, but some) will be offered to distributors in the future.

The best way to understand the separation:

* Steve Jackson Games - Account used for items we plan to take to wider distribution.
* Warehouse 23 - More limited items that will not be offered to distributors.
Thank you for that clarification. Much appreciated!
Old 01-18-2019, 05:33 AM   #30
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dynel View Post
Hey all...does anyone know if there is a way to get TFT Adventures since the KS has ended? I goofed around and missed the campaign. :(
A bit of an update: Yes.

Please follow the Warehouse 23 Kickstarter account before the first week of February:

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/warehouse23