Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Transhuman Space

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2018, 04:06 PM   #21
Pope Uncommon the Dainty

Default Re: Urban Legends for THS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
On the other hand, look at the way UFOs and Bigfoot – and other legends where "I didn't have a camera with me" was a key part of the story – have practically vanished since near-universal cellphone cameras, and the Bermuda Triangle doesn't stand up well when people can search actual flight records. I think that one of the challenges and rewards of writing material for TS is its differences from the present day, and it would be fun to play with old legends that "everybody knows" you'd have to be stupid or uneducated to believe.
How about doing sort of a reverse urban legend kind of thing. like, say:

"Dear ma,

I'm having a great time up here at Margaret Station on my vacation, but there's something bothering me. I was taking a touristy kind of photograph of my wives, but when I looked at the file to make sure they looked as pretty as they are, I saw a spectral image of a man in the window behind them. Just floating out there in the Lagrange point! Mom: Why are the Margaretites hacking images of men into tourists' snapshots?

You know, take something that use dto be used as evidence for Bigfoot or something, but the ubiquity of technology eliminated that meme a while back, so now when it happens, a much more technological urban legend springs up about it?
Pope Uncommon the Dainty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
urban legend