Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-27-2018, 09:16 AM   #101
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

As far as you know, no will roll was needed. If her free will is overridden, I will either dictate what she does or give a general set of limitations on what she does.

Heera: "You would need to obtain permission by someone in physical security to have access to the tape. For you, the appropriate request would be made to Karl Welker."

The feeling to scratch intensifies. Then she gets an urge to go look for an edible plant. actually, she can see one in her mind's eye. It looks familiar, but she knows that's not what crops are supposed to look like. She can still resist, and the stuffy feeling is all up and down her body.

The man she brought back continues to ask questions: "Olive? Where is your ANI? what happened to your personnel files? Why am I here?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:47 PM   #102
Plane

"I don't have an ANI, I use a SAU... there don't appear to be files for me. You're in line for medical treatment sir."

(given that she just picked the name Olive White based on the color of the room, is she wearing a nametag or something? Are ANIs visible cybernetic implants with some kind of external protrusion?)
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:54 AM   #103
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Then how did you get on the ship? Oh no, whatever is happening is effecting me isn't it? You're not real, are you?"

No, she is not wearing a name-tag, and ANI's aren't visible, at least not as far as she can tell. If you remember, they didn't realize you were missing one (as opposed to it being broken) until they looked at your head with a medical scanner.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-28-2018, 02:06 PM   #104
Plane

"I'm real. How is it you knew I didn't have an ANI? Are you saying I used to have one? I don't know how I got here... are there places besides this ship which give ANIs to people?"
Old 11-30-2018, 06:27 AM   #105
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Ummm... I can tell you don't have a working ANI because your signal is down." He says it like its the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yes, you can get an ANI basically anywhere. I'm hallucinating, aren't I? No? right. At least I'm in line for medical treatment. Its alright! I'm not going to wander off or anything!"

Old 11-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #106
Plane

"Oh, I didn't know they sent out signals to just anybody... so you remember me having a signal before? I don't remember sending you signals in the past. Perhaps you hallucinated it?"
Old 12-03-2018, 08:06 AM   #107
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"I've never met you before. And my head is feeling clearer. Yes, of course ANI's send messages to those nearby. Could you imagine how cumbersome it would be to exchange contact information with anyone you wanted to talk to?"

olive has a flash of memory. wax seals on letters. Boxes of index cards with numbers on them. Entering numbers into a device much like the System Access Unit.

Bystander: "Yes, who are you? I think I would have noticed if you were on board."

Now Olive feels the urge to urinate.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:38 AM   #108
Plane

"Excuse me for a moment..." *steps away from the man*

*whispers to SAU* (I guess I'm assuming she knows what a toilet is, if not sub whatever closest term is I guess?) "Do you know where I could find a toilet to use?"

*doing best to hold it in, unlike the imaginary tail itch she'll assume this is real, just in case*
Old 12-06-2018, 08:20 AM   #109
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Toilet is indeed her word of choice, and the System Access Unit directs her to one just inside the strait hall. The room is crapped and spartan, including sinks, showers, and toilets all in one tight space. The weird not-plastic ceramic is everywhere. There is almost no privacy, and the ceiling has a robot arm mounted on it.

The toilets are not a familiar shape, but its easy enough to figure what they are.

Five other people are in the room. two doing their normal business, but two are vomiting, and one is drinking from the sink.

Olive doesn't seem to have a full bladder, but empties it anyways. Then she feels the urge to stick her hand in the toilet and sniff it. The stuffiness intensifies.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #110
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The room is crapped and spartan, including sinks, showers, and toilets all in one tight space.
Cramped? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
she feels the urge to stick her hand in the toilet and sniff it. The stuffiness intensifies.
Once again she tries to resist the strange urge, but if she gives in, she will hopefully have the sense to try and wash her hands unless Sink-Drinker is occupying the only one.