Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-14-2008, 05:04 AM   #1
Phazon Elite

Default Class/Race Hireling

All of the sextacular class/race hirelings have the text "this hireling can carry and use any one item legal for [a character of this hireling's class] to use."

Just for clarification, those hirelings are not limited to using items usable only by their represented class, correct? So, a Thief Hireling could carry and use an Eleven Foot Pole or some other item which characters of any class can use, correct? In our little group, we've always played it so you can, but I may as well ask.

Also, I was a naughty boy and didn't use the search button, so I'm sorry if this was already asked by some other idiot. Don't hit me, I bleed easy.
Newbie MIB! MIB #4256!

Last edited by Phazon Elite; 04-14-2008 at 05:09 AM. Reason: I desired one more stupid pun.
Phazon Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:19 AM   #2
Progmode

Default Re: Class/Race Hireling

As long as the item doesn't say "Usable only by Y" where Y is not your hireling's race/sex/class or "Not usable by X" where X IS your hireling's specific class/race/sex, then he can use it.

And, before it's asked, as I recall the "class" hirelings (Warrior Hireling, Cleric Hireling, etc) default to Human as their Race just as a player does.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
Phazon Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progmode
As long as the item doesn't say "Usable only by Y" where Y is not your hireling's race/sex/class or "Not usable by X" where X IS your hireling's specific class/race/sex, then he can use it.

And, before it's asked, as I recall the "class" hirelings (Warrior Hireling, Cleric Hireling, etc) default to Human as their Race just as a player does.
Both make sense.

Thanks for backing me up on that. ^^
Newbie MIB! MIB #4256!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:04 AM   #4
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazon Elite
All of the sextacular class/race hirelings have the text "this hireling can carry and use any one item legal for [a character of this hireling's class] to use."

Just for clarification, those hirelings are not limited to using items usable only by their represented class, correct? So, a Thief Hireling could carry and use an Eleven Foot Pole or some other item which characters of any class can use, correct? In our little group, we've always played it so you can, but I may as well ask.

Also, I was a naughty boy and didn't use the search button, so I'm sorry if this was already asked by some other idiot. Don't hit me, I bleed easy.
I'll hit ya, it's funny when ya bleed, as long as you don't bleed on the cards.

It's in the rules for Need For Steed. You have those, I gave you a copy of them. Bad, New Mexico Monkey, Read them! Then, we will join together and kill off the other Bad MIB at the tournament. He has lots of things to loot out of his bag of holding ...

Pat
morleydotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:50 AM   #5
Bazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleydotes
He has lots of things to loot out of his bag of holding ...

Pat
but you only get to take one each, and the rest go to the appropriate discard, heehee
Bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:17 AM   #6
Phazon Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleydotes
I'll hit ya, it's funny when ya bleed, as long as you don't bleed on the cards.

It's in the rules for Need For Steed. You have those, I gave you a copy of them. Bad, New Mexico Monkey, Read them! Then, we will join together and kill off the other Bad MIB at the tournament. He has lots of things to loot out of his bag of holding ...

Pat
..you mean I'm NOT supposed to store rulesheets in the garbage can?

Dammit.
Newbie MIB! MIB #4256!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #7
Gaiuspud

So what if you have a cleric hireling and someone draws a divine intervention. Does anything special happen?
Gaiuspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
MunchkinMan

No, nothing special happens.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
kurowa04

I just want a clarification because we had this discussion come up tonight as well: A thief hireling defaults to human, is that correct? Meaning the thief hireling could not use the gnomex suit because it is only useable by Gnomes.
kurowa04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:28 AM   #10
MunchkinMan

For lack of a better way to put it, you could describe it as such. The Thief Hireling may use any Item usable by a Thief, which means Items which say (paraphrased) "usable by Thief only" and Items which have no other restrictions based on Class or Race. It can't use Items which say they can't be used by a Thief, nor could it use a Gnome-only or Wizard-only or Orc-only Item.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote