Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #1
miffy

Default Help with organising cards in play

My niece has recently introduced our family to Munchkin and we love it. I'm just not sure if she has taught us the correct rules with where different cards go. When we are dealt our initial cards, she had told us that all treasure cards (items with bonus points, curse cards, cards to give bonus points in combat, go up a level cards) are to be put on the table immediately, and then we can use them as we choose to throughout the game. The ones that don't apply for example a bonus for an Elf only she told us to place sideways in case we become an Elf later in the game.

She also told us to put down all race and class cards and if there were more than one race or class she said to put the others sideways and that we could interchange these during the game.

After reading some of these posts, it sounds like my niece has given us the wrong info.

Am I right in thinking that with race and class cards, you can only put one down on the table and if you have any others, they have to stay in your hand and if you want to use them later, you must discard the one on the table and replace it with the one in your hand?

With the treasure cards such as curses, wishing rings, one use only bonus cards for combat - do they all have to stay in your hand too until you want to use them?

It's just a bit confusing because I know you can only have 5 cards in your hand. It says if you have more than 5 you have to play them or give them away. But playing them in this case doesn't just mean putting it on the table to use later does it? Particularly with the cards that give you one time use bonuses in battle, can they sit on the table during the game or must they stay in your hand?

I hope I've made sense with this question. Just want to be totally clear on the rules before we get into any wrong habits.

Thanks
miffy is offline   Reply With Quote