Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-31-2022, 09:22 AM   #571
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The "persecution"? I'm not sure what word you meant there. Persecution means hostility or ill treatment for religious or political beliefs.
Maybe Pacifica's expecting roving mobs of brainwashed fanatics lynching loyalists.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 03:01 PM   #572
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Is Daymar able to get in touch with Hua and/or Pacifica?
Yes... I'm trying to wrap up Pacifica's current actions so the whole team can connect and communicate.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:32 AM   #573
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Yes... I'm trying to wrap up Pacifica's current actions so the whole team can connect and communicate.
Okay, it hadn't been addressed, so I wasn't sure if it had been missed.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:52 AM   #574
TGLS

I think it's time to tell Zybo about the rabbits.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:51 AM   #575
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

What are the plans? what's the next step? are you done talking with each other? are you going to be assisting each other with current problems (the wall of locked doors, the folks running around doing that, and Zybo)? Or shall we continue on the different threads?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-19-2022, 10:04 AM   #576
TGLS

Quote:
Or shall we continue on the different threads?
I'm cool with that as we wait for Gnomes (hasn't posted in a week) and Hide to post. I'm still kind of waiting for Gnomes's response to the continuing convo and Hide's response to the last two posts.

Quote:
What are the plans? what's the next step?
Here's a plan that limits enemy casualties so we can capture the most crew possible:
1) We round up the remaining crew who are still at their stations.
2) We begin sweeping deck by deck for stragglers.
3) On decks that we have cleared, we evacuate the air from those decks to deny the AWOL crew ability to hide there.
4) Once we're down to the bottom of the ship, we should have captured the entire crew.

Quote:
are you going to be assisting each other with current problems (the wall of locked doors, the folks running around doing that, and Zybo)?
Probably ought to. Should have security on both sides of the wall of locked doors so we can open them back up again to allow flow from one side of the ship to another.

I believe I made it abundantly clear that I think Zybo has outlived his usefulness.
Old 09-19-2022, 01:55 PM   #577
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'm cool with that as we wait for Gnomes (hasn't posted in a week) and Hide to post. I'm still kind of waiting for Gnomes's response to the continuing convo and Hide's response to the last two posts.

Here's a plan that limits enemy casualties so we can capture the most crew possible:
1) We round up the remaining crew who are still at their stations.
2) We begin sweeping deck by deck for stragglers.
3) On decks that we have cleared, we evacuate the air from those decks to deny the AWOL crew ability to hide there.
4) Once we're down to the bottom of the ship, we should have captured the entire crew.

Probably ought to. Should have security on both sides of the wall of locked doors so we can open them back up again to allow flow from one side of the ship to another.

I believe I made it abundantly clear that I think Zybo has outlived his usefulness.
I've still been monitoring, just not sure what action is called upon for Daymar.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:51 PM   #578
Hide

So, is the locking of the doors part of the strategies Pacifica surveyed with her friends? What does she know about it? What options do we have to unlock them? Don’t we have a master code/password? Can we flush the air out of the locked areas? Can I check them from the command center? How far can an announcement from the command center travel?

IIRC, the information regarding there’s a Dread Stormer capable of mind control was privileged, so what do others know?

Pacifica’s unit (including Zybo) is headed to a location that has been captured by Daymar, so we could simply play along and have Zybo believe this section is safe. Pacifica could smooth things if Zybo gets weird ideas.

Pacifica has a network of people that trusts her, so she should be able to assemble a team of valiant Zorbani (e.g Nejora and company). She could lead her section to Daymar's place.

Quote:
Zybo can think and act like a free Zorbani. We could use his leadership to lure other Zorbani into our traps, he does not have to roll for acting because he sees Zorbani as friendlies. But I could knock him down and have Daymar mess with his mind again.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:04 AM   #579
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Answers to some good questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
So, is the locking of the doors part of the strategies Pacifica surveyed with her friends?
in general, yes, but in specific, no. They did not discuss options for dealing with a major force turned into loyal assets, and they did not discuss locking off half of the ship.

Quote:

What does she know about it? What options do we have to unlock them?
Someone can force them open via drilling and breaking, or someone on the aft side can open them up. Hua has a drill, and both Pacifica and Daymar are on the aft side.

Quote:
Don’t we have a master code/password?
No, the doors are locked mechanically. And the designers of the ship tried not to make features that let one person make big changes, in case a dreadstormer got a hold of those features.
Quote:
Can we flush the air out of the locked areas?
No, because one of the life support systems is behind the locks. You can flush large sections of it, but each compartment would be individually flushed, and you're talking about around 400 of them. It would be a proccess similar to what TGLS already suggested of sweeping the decks in a direction and venting the ship as you go.

Quote:
Can I check them from the command center?
No.
Quote:
How far can an announcement from the command center travel?
You can send a message to anywhere on the ship from the command center.

Quote:
IIRC, the information regarding there’s a Dread Stormer capable of mind control was privileged, so what do others know?
It depends on what group of others you are talking about. It was not an especially well kept secret. Probably at least one person in every mess. Anyone who knows there was a big battle can be aware of that fact, as well, by just thinking about it.

Old 09-20-2022, 03:53 PM   #580
TGLS

Is it possible the compartment locking plan was related to the bombing, in order to prevent compartments from being open when the bomb went off?