Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #71
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"So your people are born into bodies, life their lives, and then live on as spirits in the world? Forever?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #72
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "That might be the effect, and literally true, but to describe it that way is misleading. We are not currently being born, nor do we normally die. We once had a great civilization, or at least a fabulous culture of magic, art, and philosophy. When It fell, most of us were destroyed. A comparatively few of us managed to escape from the immediate danger, but found ourselves without our powers and without our bodies. As for how long we will live, I don't know. Perhaps someone will invent a way to kill us. It may be worth the death. Or it may not."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #73
the_matrix_walker

'Sounds like a rough existence Rider, I don't envy you. How long were you stuck in the woods before I came along? What happened to your last companion?'
Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #74
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

My last companion died seven years ago in a fight between himself and another spirit like myself. Ryan was a good man. Never betrayed my presence, but always dealt fairly with others. He died much less selfishly than me. I'd ... rather not say more than that.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #75
the_matrix_walker

Peter continues to make conversation to pass the time on their journey.

"So how long were you with Ryan?"
Old 03-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #76
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "I was with him for about five years. I watched him grow into the powers I could give him, become a great man, and then he over-reached. He had a great sense of humour."

OCC: do you need more information about this or should we move to the town. Also, will you use the enhanced form for the journey there?

Old 03-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #77
the_matrix_walker

"Wow, so you were all alone for seven years? That must have been horrible..."

(( I don't need more information at the moment, as I said, just passing the travel time with conversation.

Peter has been staying in the altered form, he's using it as a buffer from reality to cope with all of this, as the "it's only a dream" buffer has left the building. ))
Old 03-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #78
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider talks a bit about the past, but seems far more fond of speaking of ancient times, when he was the chief magician of a kingdom (which appears to be across the ocean). His stories focus on intrigue and deception, which was either a hobby of his or the speciality of a court magician around that area. Or Rider is fond of tall tales.

Peter makes it fairly close to the town before rider changes him back to his boyish self. Goliath has kept up with the pace, but is panting hard. They step out of the woods into a series of fields. The place is certainly civilization: tractors are plowing the fields for planting. The town is quite small... it seems to be a farming community more than anything else, but its full of people at least.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #79
the_matrix_walker

Peter approaches the town, trying to stay in the tall grasses to hide his nakedness to a certain extent. When he gets within easy earshot of someone, he calls out "Hello! I was wondering if you could help me!"
Old 03-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #80
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

getting within easy earshot is harder than it seems: everyone is driving a tractor, and they are exceptionally noisy. Staying within the grass is particularly hard: its spring, and the grass (weeds, really) is still recovering from being smashed in the snow fall.

Goliath helps out by barking loudly, and one of the farmers looks over and sees the boy waving his arms. He makes an effort to hear whats being said, before turning the machine off.

The man is quite old, quite crusty, and quite bald under his hat. His clothes are plain and don't fit him very well, and he has extremely thick glasses.

"What's the matter son? where's your pants?"

Tags
lost in dreams